Anyone in their 20’s?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! Newer to the site, but been living the lifestyle for a couple years now!  This will be my first RTR and I’m so excited. I find that I really miss community and friends. Though I keep in touch with some from my old lifestyle, they just don’t understand me and what I’m living for. They don’t understand this freedom!  

I’m really looking to meet people to become lifelong friends with. I have friends of all ages. One of my best friends is in their 60’s. My post heading is mainly to see if anyone else in my generation is living this lifestyle. I’ve only met a couple “younger” folks as it seems harder to make the leap this young - especially if you have children. 

I’m a musician, writer, artist, fixer-upper, vegan, healer and sacred mother. I enjoy making home remedies and medicines, healing people, entertaining people, meditating, learning new things, raising and learning from my child, and playing outside: hiking, kayaking, nature walks, riding bikes, yard games, watching the clouds and wildlife. I’m still searching for a way to solidify funds in this lifestyle as I have many talents to pitch. But I also feel I overthink it and the answer will come to me soon. 

I first lived in a pop-up camper, then upgraded to a Class C, now I’m in a Class A. The pop-up was just so much work every time I moved camp. And sometimes that was very often. The Class C was bought from a rental company so everything in it was very cheap and over used. My current home is perfect. It needs a little work still (I’m hoping to meet the right people who would barter skills with me!) like hooking up my solar panel, fixing a couple latches, fixing my heater, replacing my spark plugs and replacing the starter in my generator. But, other than that it’s been a perfect fit for us. (If anyone has the skills to help me out with any of those things, I’d love to work out a barter with you!) I love making the RV mine by building woodwork and mounting fixtures and posting artwork. I even painted the entire exterior (still in progress). I love this free, minimalistic lifestyle and couldn’t picture myself living any other way. Now I just want a little community, some friends with land, some friends to travel with and swap stories. I suppose that’s what this whole website is about: community. 

I’d love to meet you all and am so looking forward to january. Is anyone already in AZ looking to meet people and camp together??

Welcome TravelingFamily to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

I was in my 20's--about 35 years ago. ;)

The folks over at the Reddit Vandwellers sub tend to be younger (though there is quite a bit of overlap between the two groups). This forum tends to be a bit older, tends more towards RVs than vans, and is geographically skewed towards the Southwest.

I'm healthy, vibrant, active and in my 20's, if we're talking dog years. What??

I think more younger people will go to Jamie's Van Build party. See Ignematic Nomadics videos on YouTube or Facebook. Van Build free installs sounds like what you need for solar...starts November 7th through Thanksgiving.

My 1st reaction is. "I F-ing wish I was in my 20s". LOL Lenny, you crack me up. I know what you mean.

TravelingFamily,

I myself almost always had an easier time fitting in with people at least 10-15 years older than me. It's not a bad thing, but I understand your plight. If I lived near you, I'd hang out with you either way. I think people often mistake me for a younger person because I don't "talk old." But it’s because I'm at least young enough to be frustrated with still being treated like a child by people even though I'm in my 40s, but it may be because they don't realize how old I am. :) I'm new here and still in transition, plus I live 100s of miles away… so not sure how much help I can be, but if you just wanna vent…pm me. If it were possible to barter skills online, I would. Depends what you need. I'm a writer.

Sent from my RS500 using Tapatalk

Hahaha I truly love the responses! I’ve always had friends both you get and older than me. Friendship is about souls vining together. Nothing to do with physical age. I just always wonder if there are younger people living this lifestyle. But seems to me there are, just maybe on different platforms. I’m so excited to meet you all. From the responses, seems like it’ll be a very vibrant bunch of people! I’m definitely looking to hang with people before and/or after the event. I sort of ran here from the north because it got terribly cold out of nowehere. So now I’m lingering in AZ for the first time. It’s awesome how much BLM land there is. If anyone has suggestions on where to go and what to see, I’m all ears!

I’m in my mid 20’s and have been traveling for the better part of 3 years with breaks here and there to build up the bank account again. I’ll be in ehreneberg in a week or two, but I probably won’t make it out to the rtr. I went 2 years ago and it wasn’t quite my thing.

I’m pretty sure there are a few others in their 20’s lurking around in the forum. I’ll also second the vandwellers subreddit, but lately it seems to be more of the, “look at this cool van I saw” vs showing their vans and having productive conversations.

TravelingFamily - welcome to the forum. I'm nowhere near 20 but want to welcome you anyway. To my credit, I can say I once was in my 20's. Been there done that... no t-shirts to show for it and if I had them they would no longer fit. Did we even have t-shirts back when I was in my 20's?

Hello!! I just joined the forums and I am in my 20s! I wish I was living the travel lifestyle full-time, but I'm just doing it part-time for now while I'm waiting for my Prius to be paid off. Then I'm moving in it! I can't wait! I'm documenting my preparation and travels on my YouTube channel, Living Big in a Prius. First video will be uploaded soon! I will also be attending the Women's RTR in January (first time!) so maybe we can meet up there! :D 2,000-mile drive for me, woo! It will be quite the adventure just getting there!