Anyone have a Freeway kit?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldwolf said:
You guys gave me a lot to think about,,,and frankly, putting that much money into a kit before I had done much van camping was making me hesitate a bit. So, I have decide to move slowly, and build a simple bed and rear console to try things out for awhile. I really appreciate the advice and comments you guys gave me. Thanks.

A nearly empty slate...

Something to sleep on (air mat has been my choice but a cot will work too), sleeping bag and/or blankets, a way to cover the windows, a single burner camp stove, a headlamp, a camp chair, a TV stand (for a table) and a road atlas.

Take a look at all the basic stuff about vandwelling that Bob has already covered & is at the top of the page if you're seeing this at on-line at the forum.

Change the oil & head out towards Quartzsite Arizona.

Start today & hit the road tomorrow.

I like this idea but I think it can be better executed for the money. I tend to look and find what I like and then DIY the final solution. Sometimes it ends up costing me more in the end but I also end up with a better product all the way around.