Another stupid question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is this? I mean other than a grab handle. There seems to be some wires underneath it, but it doesn't do anything. Thanks
79aa1775f8326edefaf1134b1cad10f2.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Ok. It's apparently a light. There appears to be a broken toggle switch on the side and a push button on the bottom. Could someone show me how this is supposed to be wired. Also. I have yet to figure out how to turn on all the red and yellow lights on the camper. I have a feeling they are tied to this.
cad2d4e3e3ce7e3ad450c293a30e6b84.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Haha, my Bigfoot had one too and at first I didn't notice the light part and just thought it was an odd design. I removed mine and fiberglassed it over.

yes it's a grab handle/light combo. it looks pretty rough I would just replace the whole thing. the original switch went out and some one added that switch on the right side. it needs to be resealed anyway.

scotch locks are a nightmare(those blue connectors). get rid of them wherever you find them.

more than likely the running lights not working has to do with a bad ground and or bad scotch locks.

highdesertranger