And So It Begins ... Again ...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made this real quick to give you an idea

Current on top / Alternate idea on bottom

n9481gc.png

That layout would make the entire counter more usable instead of having cubbies in the corners. Plus, I could use those angled portions as my pantry. The extra wide area between the cabinet and closet as it sits now is nice in a van but probably not needed. As for the bench switch to desk, I like having seating options but the desk would probably be more usable.

Basically, there would be a top to the bench and it would hinge towards the center of the van (exposing the bench underneath) and locking onto the edge of the couch.

That sounds very cool! So you would leave out the center piece of board(s) that you currently have right? Would you use a piano hinge? Wouldn't that leave an opening where your head or feet would be? You could still do it if you keep it.

FINALLY sold my Miata. Needed the extra budget.
Now, I can take care of a few van odds/ends and start full timing.
I'll post more pics of the van this week too :)

Yippie!!!  Congratulations!   We're both having good luck! :D

A few people have inquired about the van so I thought I would just put out a general update.

The missus and I got back together. Thus making the van build a fair bit pointless. I did have it in the for sale section but I decided to take it down until I'm truly ready to sell. The reason for the wait is because I want to tidy up a few things and take some proper pictures before posting. For example, I don't care how the dash looks but a potential buyer might so I went ahead and ordered a dash mat for it. Things like that which I'd like to address before posting it. There is nothing big mind you, I've just been busy so it is taking a while.

So, expect it reposted for sale in the coming weeks if you or someone you know might be interested. It will also be posted on the local craigslist pages.

Thanks for all of your posts.  Great work on the van.
Best wishes for you and your wife.  May the future be bright for both of you.  

Les

Sorry for the lack of updates. After the missus and I got back together our company got back to back commercial deals so we have been busy.
Here are a few as she sits though. Need to finish sewing up the cushion covers and a few small tid-bits here and there. Then she will be for sale.
Everything for it will be included. Even all those new totes you see filling up the cabinet shelves. Plus my DIY 12v evap cooler.

y6zVp7K.jpg

9FB9WVS.jpg

zQ7fF5L.jpg

Q14AZ7I.jpg

QWpPAzL.jpg

S4MfDSF.jpg

Finished pictures now available. Just check out my thread in the Trading Post section of the forum.

Gideon33w said:
If you haven't heard ... After the missus and I got back together we moved up to Phoenix, stayed there for 2 years, and then moved back down and into a house while starting our company. I've been working solely for that company and have sunk just about everything I have into it. Well ... Our relationship has ended ... Again. But this time, I have no job, my security clearance has gone inactive from lack of use, my bankroll is sunk into the business, and I even sold my daily driver since I was working from home.

So ... Today I picked up my new home. A 1997 Chevy 2500, 5.7, rebuilt AC, 181k miles, and a reasonable amount of work into it. Steering/suspension is tight, starts and runs smooth, and the shifts are like butter. Now, there's a few things to address but nothing unreasonable (pinion seal and water pump being the big ones). Then I start converting it.

Sadly, I wont be able to document the build very well since all of the production company equipment now belongs to her. Not to mention my timeline and budget. I'm hoping to sell my last toy soon since every dollar I have currently is going to be spent on the van + maintenance + build. But, at least I have a van ... :)

I'm trying to keep my head up but between the general crappiness of the situation, the emotional trauma, and my ongoing struggles with depression and PTSD ... I dunno. We'll see.

Making lists, keeping myself busy, and working towards goals certainly helps. Wish me luck!

PTSD has kicked my as$ since I was 3.
No typo, yes, 3 years old with PTSD. You can figure out what caused it.
I know the hell, and am saddened and so sorry you endure the unfair pain of depression & PTSD.
Sadly our society is more aware of PTSD due to soldiers returning from war zones with PTSD and TBI.
It flat out SICKENS me!

I sincerely hope that you've found relief via whatever works for you sir.

Hey Gideon,  So sorry for all you are going through! My depression has really been messing with me lately, glad I don't have to deal with PTSD also. Hang in there, I know your new home will be awesome, you do such great work.

~Sherry

I know it is a lot to read through but the updated info is that right as I was finishing up the van the missus and I got back together.
So, the van has been posted for sale and may be going to a new member here soon.
As far as dealing with personal issues ... Honestly, she has probably helped me more with that than anything. So it's better this way.
Now, let's just cross our fingers that we can keep our relationship going well, hahaha.

I've had to start all over after a breakup, lost everything I'd worked for all my life. After surviving the initial trauma, I began to realize I was enjoying the challenge. I wish the same for you! Not to be corny, but it really is all about attitude. Once you realize you're  on your own (and free!!), a whole world of possibility opens up! Good luck.

Thanks mert...your reply hit me square on even though it was for gideon.
I didn't see this until now, been healing broken bones and heart from horrible wreck, now i have to figure out what to do with my situation now. I was robbed by insurance company, can't sell everything yet, hoped to find new home/van, but I dunno now.
I just keep trying, giving up ain't an option really.

Gideon33w said:
A few people have inquired about the van so I thought I would just put out a general update.

The missus and I got back together. Thus making the van build a fair bit pointless. I did have it in the for sale section but I decided to take it down until I'm truly ready to sell. The reason for the wait is because I want to tidy up a few things and take some proper pictures before posting. For example, I don't care how the dash looks but a potential buyer might so I went ahead and ordered a dash mat for it. Things like that which I'd like to address before posting it. There is nothing big mind you, I've just been busy so it is taking a while.

So, expect it reposted for sale in the coming weeks if you or someone you know might be interested. It will also be posted on the local craigslist pages.

Keep the van. Sorry for your troubles but how many times have you two broken up? Best to have the van just encase. Sorry if this hits any nerves.

MythGyver said:
Keep the van. Sorry for your troubles but how many times have you two broken up? Best to have the van just encase. Sorry if this hits any nerves.

This is exactly what I have thought since finding your van! I thought I should keep it to myself, but I'm bold enough to second MythGyver's opinion! :)

Latest posts