Adding some storage and wire shelving

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm removing the dinette and sofa from one wall and I want to use that 18" depth of long wall space for some organizer storage for lightweight stuff.

Look around online at Amazon and The Home Depot etc, I'm still not quite finding the thing I'm looking for.

Has anyone here added some modular rack storage or organizer for shoes, Tupperware, t-shirts, underwear, thing-a-ma-bobs and brik-n-brak?

I'm not stocking to the ceiling with heavy stuff mind you, just a myriad of things I'm not going to have the cabinetry and drawer space space for.

I have an old 3-drawer dresser, about the same size as yours, that I use for the same thing. I believe mine is pine, but it's all real wood. Thrift stores are full of similar units. I like the way it looks.

trying to buy something premade that suits your needs and doesn't waste a lot of space is like trying to find a unicorn, IMO. I would make it yourself so you optimize the use of space. however after having said that, I do use a Military field desk. highdesertranger

hey thanks for those pics and nifty suggestions! Much better than another forum where I was advised to google "organizer". You ever just want to smack someone with a wet tuna?

Once I remove the dinette and sofa obviously I'll have some weight I can spend just to be par again, but every ounce counts and yes I've been chasing unicorns now for a long time! :D

Can you tell us the width of the space you will have available?
18" depth is all we got to work with. Height would also be good to know.
The difference between 11' and 12' is large as to what can fit.