A little bump in life's road...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 423

Reaction score
Just found out my ex-wife has passed away. Dang internet.  Been divorced over 20 years and have not been in touch at all. She was 3 years younger but when I was with her for 7 years she smoked heavily. That was one of the sore points in our disagreements. 

I know most older people find themselves looking back on their lives and certain events that either make them smile or make them sad or just make themselves think about life in general; milestones of one sort or another. And they try not to think too much about getting older, old.

RIP girl...

There are few alternatives to getting older.

My condolences, it's been about the same time apart as me and my ex, I know I would have a feeling of regret for a life lost.

Take Care.

I'm very happy without my ex, but I wish him no harm, especially as he's the father of my kids. Sorry for your loss!

It's always difficult, for most, to lose someone in their life. Even folks who we part ways with under less than ideal terms can hold a special place in our memories.
Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

It is an odd feeling...to learn that an ex has passed.

Happened to me too. Just by happenstance I was looking at various military cemeteries...and saw the name of my ex listed there. He died at the age of just 52. I had not seen him since 1986. But..it sure felt strange for days. Couldn't shake the feeling that stood much life was denied to him.

Yeah, it was strange when my ex died a few years ago. We hadn't seen each other in 25+  years and it was not an amicable divorce. But we had two kids together and it was weird , that all of a sudden, that I was the only one left in the world who knew about our own little life together, with the boys.  

Part of the bittersweet was that he died two months before our oldest son married.
Ted

Have outlived both my wives, yes it is sobering to reflect what was and what could have been.

My 1st wife and the mother of our kids died recently from Alcohol, tobacco and eating disorders, as did her sister a week later. Our divorce was difficult but we had begun to talk guardedly on occasion. She had been living with dear daughter as she was unable to be left alone so meeting was inevitable.
Still can't hate her, even with all the pain she has caused my kids, but I'm saddened at all the energy that was wasted in her crazy behavior..

My beloved 2nd wife lost her 2nd cancer battle 12 years ago. She was a breath of fresh air after the years of craziness. I'm so grateful for her.

That would be an eerie feeling which has not happened to me yet. I have lost multiples of friends though. Not sure I want to be the last man standing, but I'll take whatever comes my way I guess. :-/

slow2day said:
Just found out my ex-wife has passed away. Dang internet.  Been divorced over 20 years and have not been in touch at all. She was 3 years younger but when I was with her for 7 years she smoked heavily. That was one of the sore points in our disagreements. 

I know most older people find themselves looking back on their lives and certain events that either make them smile or make them sad or just make themselves think about life in general; milestones of one sort or another. And they try not to think too much about getting older, old.

RIP girl...

That's sad....I can imagine how difficult this must be. Glad you shared it here....

My condolences. It happened to me a few years back and I was surprised at how much it affected me.

Don't let that bump knock you off your path.