A Gypsy Rising

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm currently in Phase 1 of my plans, taking care of thing I need to take care of in order to make my dream of a mobile life a reality. I've been blogging my progress, but I though I'd post some here too.

First I want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone on this forum who has taken time to respond to my posts, offer helpful advice and just encourage me! I feel so fortunate to have found such an amazing group of people.

Right now, my main focus is paying down a mountain of debt. I'm estimating this will take about a year, if I work hard and come upon a little good luck on the way. It could be longer but I am truly hoping not.

I'm a work from home, home schooling mom and I make a modest PT income with my art. With the mobile life in mind, I've kicked the art promo into high gear and I'm busy working on creating a more steady income that can go mobile, in the form of a Virtual Assistant/Freelance Writing business. (I'm doing a few freebies here too, btw if anyone needs help let me know. I need to build a portfolio and some references! Drop me a PM!)

I'm also working on smaller goals, like spending more time in nature with the kids, purging the house of years of useless junk (where did it all come from????) and other things.

I'm journaling all this in my blog (see my siggy). My latest post, about getting back in sync with nature, is here:

http://agypsyrising.blogspot.com/2016/09/back-to-nature.html

This is my favorite pic from our adventure, youngest chucking a rock into the lake.

4.jpg

It sounds like you are working hard toward your goal. Keep going. Sometimes I know it can seem like forever, but then you will find yourself, like me, weeks away from the time you are free.

I just looked at your artwork. Pretty cool!

Liked your latest blog entry, fun stuff, showing kids the outdoor life! Any chance you're end up roadschooling them??

Stephen said:
It sounds like you are working hard toward your goal. Keep going. Sometimes I know it can seem like forever, but then you will find yourself, like me, weeks away from the time you are free.

I just looked at your artwork. Pretty cool!

Thanks Stephen, every message of encouragement helps so much! Glad you like the babies. it's really fun creating them!

Queen said:
Liked your latest blog entry, fun stuff, showing kids the outdoor life!  Any chance you're end up roadschooling them??

Thanks! We already home school so roadschool is just a natural extension of that. We do a lot of hands on learning vs book work. Academically we focus on reading and math, so they'll have a strong foundation in those. For other subjects we do lots of reading and watching documentaries (history) and so I'm excited to visit historic places and learn about them while we're actually there. Also we do hands on science, so travel really opens that up too. It's exciting to think about it all!

Welcome aboard the good ship CRVL MindyLee!
I've met a lot of people on the road with their kids.
Many of which were years ahead of other kids their age.
It's a great way to make study come to life!
(I' bet if you took that pic from the other side there was a big smile on that little face!)

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard the good ship CRVL MindyLee!
I've met a lot of people on the road with their kids.
Many of which were years ahead of other kids their age.
It's a great way to make study come to life!
(I' bet if you took that pic from the other side there was a big smile on that little face!)

Thanks, Popeye and yep, there was. She was quite pleased with herself and her rock throwing abilities. ;)

We will both make it. I do believe it.

Keep it up and you will get there in no time!! And yes, spending time in nature!!! That is where peace is the easiest to notice. It's always there, but when in nature, it just smacks us over the head and makes us notice. Be well and good luck!

Freerollin....that is so true! Even just going in the backyard or to the park calms me, changes my perspective and helps put me in balance.

Just curious, but do you folks prefer reading full blog posts posted here in this thread, or an introduction and a link to read the rest on the blog?

For now I'll just post an intro because I don't want to make a huge, long post for the sake of those folks who are trying to read this on a phone or other mobile device. Please let me know what y'all prefer though.

Musings of an Introvert
If we were on the road right now, we'd be boondocking in the most secluded natural environment I could find for us, soaking up the beautiful energy of summer fading to Fall, and drinking in the therapeutic value of solitude.
Solitude. Sweet Solitude. This folks, is my idea of Heaven. Sometimes, anyway.

I like to think of myself as a social person...
(use the link above to continue reading)