24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TA it can’t be easy but you seem to be holding up. A special blessing to you from PA.

Speaking of Pennsylvania today’s weather was cloudy but temperature in the 60s I went with a friend out to breakfast and then down to the Conowingo dam in Maryland just at the Mason Dixon line to see the Eagles we saw at least six bald Eagle‘s mature ones and several in mature. Maybe 8 cormorants and three great blue herons. Last night’s low was 37 tonight’s 52 what a difference a day makes. The family is talking about canceling Thanksgiving due to Covid increasing. As soon as they make a decision if they’re not going to have it I’m flying to Florida in my van. If they decide to get together I’ll stay till then and leave the day after. In many ways I’m excited to go and in other ways tempted to stay. I’ve always wanted to go to Florida for the winter with my wife. So going alone bothers me a little. I was offered a free purebred German shepherd pup as a companion. What a temptation. But I plan to be taking photographs and doing nature journaling all over parks and nature preserves in Florida. A dog doesn’t do well in those places and it just wouldn’t be right to let a puppy in the van. How I’d like to have a sweet little pup but can’t do that to a dog. God bless the nomads as we all fly south.

TA  taking a Sunday drive out of town is very normal behavior for quite a lot of people. Don't  look for any deeper meanings about it, it is simply nice now and again to have a change of scenery and do some exploration. Go for more of that behavior, it is good mental health therapy.

Qxxx said:
It's amazing how much work it is just to get the final bits in place in the van, as well as closing down the S&B, in order to take off for 2-3 months in the winter. Are you trying to sell the house before leaving? Maybe easier to outfit the van and leave for the winter months, then sell the house next spring if that's on the agenda. That way you could leave next week, :).

FWIW, covid is horrible right now in Wisconsin, one of the worst hotspot states. It seems that a major factor is that social distancing has gone from 55% last April to just 10% today. People are very lax, whereas it has improved quite a bit in Arizona. 
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/wisconsin?view=mask-use&tab=trend
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/wisconsin
Yeah, thanks for your kind words Q, I prefer to sell the house before I leave, otherwise it' s a liability, and I will have to think about it constantly. I'd rather have the $$$ than the stress.

I'm not concerned with Covid.  I had it already, and dealt with it back in late December of 2019, before it was widely advertised. I have my own remedy for viruses and it works. It worked for me then, and it worked for other people later. I'm immune.
On the plus  side, I finished today connecting all 4 lights in my van, and they all work - I tested them with a 9 volt battery. I admit, I did a happy dance, because I had a couple of failures already.
IMG_20201019_173615914.jpg
Ah, and I did cover the tomatoes, I think some survived.

Attachments

• IMG_20201019_173615914.jpg
    IMG_20201019_173615914.jpg
    1,012.4 KB
When my motorhome was in the shop for 8 days and Bosley cat and I were staying at my Mom's 1 bedroom apartment I was struck with just now homeless I felt. I didn't have the ability to move forward on things that I could have because I felt like waiting to get my home back took all my mental and physical energy. I understand to some point your feelings. I hope you can make progress with FEMA to make a mental beachhead from which to move in.

There are lots of other respiratory viruses around in the fall and winter months that also have symptoms similar to Covid 19.

Sophia, it's remarkable that you would have had covid as early as Dec 2019, unless you had visited Wuhan China.

It's always an issue to leave the S&B vacant while on the road. I guess people have different ways to handle that. Mine is a condo so there are lots of neighbors. My sister has a house in NY state and one in Florida, she sends 6 months in each, and has people checking each when she's in the other. But getting ready to travel, and also selling the house, is definitely a job for 6 people. OTOH, $$$ is good. And good thing you're high-energy, :).

Another drizxly day with plenty of things to do that will occupy my time.

Every weekday there are prescool children at the state park. I took the time to find out what that is all about. It is as preschool that is conducted totally outside at the park in all but the most hazardous weather.  The kids show up in waterproof overalls, jackets and boots on days like today. They bring snacks for them. They go on nature walks, the play with beach toys in ghe sand where the volleyball normally is done. I would imagine in other years they could use the playground equipment and the picnic shelters but those are all roped off this year because of Covid.  Very interesting concept for a preschool. Of course if a child was unhappy  with the situation they would not be here so it looks like a bunch of happy little campers having a good time playing outside in a huge back yard with trees, lawn area and trails to explore.

The one thing we know for sure is that Wuhan CN was shutdown on Jan 22, 2020, at which time everyone in the world knew about covid. That was two long months before the major announcement in the US, which I refer to as the Thursday Night Massacre address from the WH, and at which point covid was already out of control in the US. Beyond that, everything is a toss up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/world/asia/coronavirus-quarantines-history.html

Sofisintown said:
"Yeah, thanks for your kind words Q, I prefer to sell the house before I leave, otherwise it' s a liability, and I will have to think about it constantly. I'd rather have the $$$ than the stress.

I'm not concerned with Covid.  I had it already, and dealt with it back in late December of 2019, before it was widely advertised. I have my own remedy for viruses and it works. It worked for me then, and it worked for other people later. I'm immune.
On the plus  side, I finished today connecting all 4 lights in my van, and they all work - I tested them with a 9 volt battery. I admit, I did a happy dance, because I had a couple of failures already.

Ah, and I did cover the tomatoes, I think some survived."

What's your remedy for viruses?  We may need it one day. 

@ Camper:
What's your remedy for viruses?  We may need it one day.

Colloidal Silver. Homemade.
I don't advertise, because some think it is snake oil.  It has protected me and mine for the past 20 years. I only use it when needed. I know much about it. Please educate yourself.
Our whole community should be able to make it in a pinch.

Here is how to make it if you need it.
Although lately I use an old transformer, with the silver wires attached straight to the (+) and (-) wires of the transformer.

And no, it will not turn you blue.

Let me tell you how the Covid virus worked on me.
Day 1: Sneezing in the morning, uncontrollable sneezing by evening and some cough
Day 2: Cough in the morning and light fever. By evening it is in my lungs, and coughing feels like my lungs are scratched from the inside.
            Insert colloidal silver - 2 glasses - at night.
Day 3:  I wake up with no fever, but I am beat up and weak. No cough. 2 more glasses colloidal silver.
Day 4:  I'm good.

It generally takes 8 to 12 hours to see the effect.
I missed 2 days of work, and I was off on the 3rd.
When I got it, 3 more people at my department were sick with the 'flu'. That was in the week between Christmas and New Year and we had huge crowds in the store. One of my team was sick for over a month, but kept coming to work coughing on everyone week after week. No masks at the time.

So there. It does take down old people, so be alert to the symptoms.

Sneezing is not a common symptom of Covid 19.

People often misdiagnose themselves and think they have something they don't actually have.

Sounds like one of the common fall virus to me.

If you were not in one of the cities in December where there is a lot of major international airport travel it is highly unlikely to have been Covid 19.

Testing, testing, testing when the heck is it going to be possible for someone to come up with an effective plan to see who has had it, who has it and track who might get it so we can deal with it and start to learn what we have to do to “live” with it until there is a safe and effective vaccine. Moe, Larry or Curly step up please!

bullfrog said:
 start to learn what we have to do to “live” with it 
Moe here (and that's my "true" name), but I don't know what "you" want me to do. OTOH, every knowledgeable doctor is telling us the same thing to do every day in the meantime. It's not rocket science, even Curly can understand it. Unfortunately, Larry is dead.

I saw a perfect set of beautiful wings the other morning, they were sticking out of either side of a big lizard’s mouth.

As much as I enjoy your long distance diagnoses friends, I prefer more traditional ways, just to be on the safe side.
So I tested negative for Covid in May and again in June, after some coworkers had tested positive.

In August, I had an antibody test, for which I had to pay myself for peace of mind (blood test, $125 Quest Diagnostics) and that was positive.
That means I have Covid antibodies in my blood -36 per something they counted- from a previous infection.
I am immune. I can give you a big juicy kiss, like Trump.

Alternative scenario. A large percentage of people get infected but show no symptoms. Between 25% and as much as 90% in some cases.

So it's certainly possible someone could have picked up the virus anytime between last March, when it went exponential in the US, and now, and never knew it. So like Mr-T, they could get it, test positive if the test were made at the right time, and later test negative.

Latest posts