24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now do you understand why verified mail in voting like Arizona uses is so much better than a bunch of humans trying to hand out ballots! Rural areas of the country for years couldn’t afford voting machines and basically would hand out the same paper ballots as are used with mail in ballots but instead of relying on secure computer programs to verify identity and mail the ballot to that person’s known address and require a signature on return to check against their records on file it is simply a couple people handing them out while trying to not make mistakes. Mail in ballots make so much more sense in my opinion.

Now do you understand why verified mail in voting like Arizona uses is so much better than a bunch of humans trying to hand out ballots! Rural areas of the country for years couldn’t afford voting machines and basically would hand out the same paper ballots as are used with mail in ballots but instead of relying on secure computer programs to verify identity and mail the ballot to that person’s known address and require a signature on return to check against their records on file it is simply a couple people handing them out while trying to not make mistakes. Mail in ballots make so much more sense in my opinion.
For the true elections I wouldn't want anyone handing out ballots either. That's not a secure way to do it. Mail in ballots seen better. But still not as secure as going to a polling place, showing your id, and voting there.

Paper vs machine at the polling place is up for debate, as there is a way to alter both in different ways. Hacking vs human intervention.

For the true elections I wouldn't want anyone handing out ballots either. That's not a secure way to do it. Mail in ballots seen better. But still not as secure as going to a polling place, showing your id, and voting there.

Paper vs machine at the polling place is up for debate, as there is a way to alter both in different ways. Hacking vs human intervention.
Humans make more mistakes than machines. I believe the 2020 election reviews in Arizona showed that. In fact using humans to hand count ballots it was difficult and time consuming to get a true count.

Humans make more mistakes than machines. I believe the 2020 election reviews in Arizona showed that. In fact using humans to hand count ballots it was difficult and time consuming to get a true count.
As a tech guy I generally agree with that. But as a tech guy I also understand how nothing is unhackable.

But we do the best we can with what we have. And we need to live with the results. Period.

As a tech guy I generally agree with that. But as a tech guy I also understand how nothing is unhackable.

But we do the best we can with what we have. And we need to live with the results. Period.
Problem is the losers are not willing “to live with it” or even acknowledge it after years of challenges and evidence shows they lost.

That is why it is so important that this election run smoothly with as few glitches as humanly possible.

That is why it is so important that this election run smoothly with as few glitches as humanly possible.
Problem is it has shown the people’s choices more than accurately enough and that has been proven. Changing procedures and the way we vote just makes it worse and harder for legal voters to vote.

Maybe we should take this conversation to another thread?

I am enjoying it. But it might be better elsewhere.

If you've got something to say that you don't feel fits in this thread, feel free to mention it elsewhere.

If you've got something to say that you don't feel fits in this thread, feel free to mention it elsewhere.
I just know this tends to be more of a what happened today kinda thread and I didn't want to mess that up.

You were taking about your day and I might have taken a left turn with it lol

No you're fine! Very considerate of you to think of that, though.
I'm just glad my day reminded you of anything that interests you rather than https://tenor.com/wyvK.gif

(dang, how do you do gifs so they show up in the message instead of a URL?)

Thank U Love GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show
uh oh new toy

Latest posts