24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most Danes have Great attitudes & may have better leaders while many in the U.S. are Angry, have Bad attitudes, are Greedy, Rude, Wasteful & don't Trust our leaders & it's all gotten way worse since covid.
We have 330 million people here. I have met many angry people with bad attitudes. And I have met more decent owner with good attitudes. If you look for it, you'll find it.

And as mentioned previously, when you don't have a dense population and have wealth to spare, it's probably easier to be happy. I'm sure you can find many Danes who are aren't great people if you're looking. But why look?
 
We have 330 million people here. I have met many angry people with bad attitudes. And I have met more decent owner with good attitudes. If you look for it, you'll find it.

And as mentioned previously, when you don't have a dense population and have wealth to spare, it's probably easier to be happy. I'm sure you can find many Danes who are aren't great people if you're looking. But why look?
It also doesn't hurt to have "free" medical and education. Understanding that nothing is really free, as this is paid for by higher taxes. It is at least aggregated and individuals don't have to worry about affording them. It also ensures that these do not become class distinctions as they often are in the US. I also like the attitude of occasionally sitting in the sun with a cold beer and contemplating life.
 
Oh well we can’t solve the world’s problems in this “chat about anything” thread. I certainly do not know what is “best” for my fellow Americans so I am not going there in this conversation. Instead I am taking a vacation until the conversation comes to a conclusion.
 
It's getting colder and it's supposed to rain on Monday here in Socal and Jeep going for a few days. Please please let this stop the drought talk for the year.
 
Sunny 75 degrees for a high and 45 degrees for the low tomorrow in Tucson Arizona! Got lost for a while driving in the desert but found one of the old abandoned missile silos locations on my way back to civilization, over all a good day with a beautiful sunset.
 
It appears that spring has sprung in Quartzsite. In town there was a chickadee couple having a loudly vocalized argument over where to build their nest.

Camilla and John are back at La Posa for a short stay. She is lending me a sewing machine which for me is a real woohoo event. Now I can spend the next few days of good weather getting the side wind/rain panels for my popup screen room customized with long zippers at the corners. She has several sewing machines along, I will have to make sure there is a zipper foot for it. I wish I still had the pleasure for sewing stuff I had in my teens snd twenties. Instead of looking forward to the work itself, now I look forward to getting it done 🥲
 
Last edited:
A fellow Honda Element owner stopped by today. I can see his campsite from mine. He is going to show me the fix for the slight camber that has developed on one of my rear tires. Apparently it is a DIY job if you buy the parts. Also not a dangerous condition but it is one I will tackle to keep that tire in good condition. The fix is cheaper than new tires! I might as well do both sides, it is apparently a common wear item on the Honda Elements. Easier for me to do lie down jobs than any bending and twisting jobs; as long as I have the hand strength for them.
 
It appears that spring has sprung in Quartzsite. In town there was a chickadee couple having a loudly vocalized argument over where to build their nest.

Camilla and John are back at La Posa for a short stay. She is lending me a sewing machine which for me is a real woohoo event. Now I can spend the next few days of good weather getting the side wind/rain panels for my popup screen room customized with long zippers at the corners. She has several sewing machines along, I will have to make sure there is a zipper foot for it. I wish I still had the pleasure for sewing stuff I had in my teens snd twenties. Instead of looking forward to the work itself, now I look forward to getting it done 🥲
I sew a lot for fun, but I still have mending from 4-5 yrs ago waiting for me. I don't like to mend stuff.

I sewed my upper 'cabinets' and sewed the dividers for the back wall to keep the drafts of our heads when it is cold. I sewed the seat covers for the front seats and sewed the curtains for the front windows and made fun pocket things for our chairs. I have done 2-3 quilts each yr forever. Everyone gets something hand made for X-mas. But fix the hole in the knees of my jeans...sew the button back hubby's shirt... nope.
 
And it's probably better for towing as well.
The best towing improvement I could make is an aftermarket spring kit with a 1” riser block. But they are pricey plus I do not own the right tools and I am not strong enough to do that job. So a major expense including installation cost. A maybe get to it someday job. Honda does not make heavy duty springs for the Element or the CRV.
 
My screen room / workspace project is almost completed. All the wind/rain panels have been custom fit for size and they now have full length zippers joining them at the corners. No more wind gust issues pulling the side panels up off the Velcro strips and allowing rain to come inside the tent during thunderstorms! A 40% chance of rain today, I am ready for it! But hoping the 60% chance of no rain is the winner.
 
Show and tell time.
1. Breakfast is cooking! Hash browns and an egg!
2. My screen room with its modified wind/rain panels that have separating zippers at the corners rather than just relying on a series of small Velcro strips. The front entry panel came with a center zipper already in it so that was a time saving bonus.
I purchased the set of panels from an Amazon seller who that makes their screen rooms a little wider and taller than the typical Clam 6’ sided versions. I needed the extra width to reach over to the corners. The extra length I cut off became zipper flap material. I realized when I put the panels up
Last night after I put the new panels in place I noticed that I need to do a bit of adjusting of the lower edge as it is too loose. Stitching in a few triangular shaped tucks along that edge should fix that issue and reduce the wind’s chances of causing stress by pulling up that lower edge.

The chance of rain is decreasing at noon today so maybe I can get that IMG_1407.jpegIMG_1404.jpegadjustment done before I return the sewing machine. But first I need to make a trip to town to get another gallon of gas for my generator as it is getting low on fuel.
 
Show and tell time.
1. Breakfast is cooking! Hash browns and an egg!
2. My screen room with its modified wind/rain panels that have separating zippers at the corners rather than just relying on a series of small Velcro strips. The front entry panel came with a center zipper already in it so that was a time saving bonus.
I purchased the set of panels from an Amazon seller who that makes their screen rooms a little wider and taller than the typical Clam 6’ sided versions. I needed the extra width to reach over to the corners. The extra length I cut off became zipper flap material. I realized when I put the panels up
Last night after I put the new panels in place I noticed that I need to do a bit of adjusting of the lower edge as it is too loose. Stitching in a few triangular shaped tucks along that edge should fix that issue and reduce the wind’s chances of causing stress by pulling up that lower edge.

The chance of rain is decreasing at noon today so maybe I can get that View attachment 35132View attachment 35133adjustment done before I return the sewing machine. But first I need to make a trip to town to get another gallon of gas for my generator as it is getting low on fuel.
Looks like a good day is in store for you.
 
The wind kicked up pretty strong this afternoon when the clouds moved in. So did not want to take the wind panels down to do the last modifications with the sewing machine. It has been returned back to its owner. Not a big deal as I can finish the job with a bit of hand stitching. I have to hand stitch Velcro onto the front wall of the tent and some at the bottom edge too. Adhesives are not an option as the tents typically arrive with silicone waterproofing and UV prevention treatment on the fabrics. Adhesive backed Velcro and glues do not stay stuck onto that treated surface.
 
Just in case it saves anyone some time troubleshooting or cussing ...
Yes there is a big phone outage going on now (Thursday, 2/22, ~0700 eastern time).
Especially AT&T and AT&T-tower-using services, but some others too.
It's not you, it's them ;)
 

Latest posts

Top