2001 Pleasure Way Lexor TD

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonna Jump

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying 2001 Pleasureway Lexor on a Dodge chassis. Guy says 33k miles, (only took it on vaca to CA from AZ), has the service records, etc. Will have mechanic look at it. Wants $27500, NADA is $14500- $17450. If it checks out, what is a fair price? Thanks!

Those pleasureways are niceeeeee. Since he wants twice the NADA I'd have to pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's worth what someone who loves it and can afford is willing to pay.

If everything checks out AND works like new, maybe low 20's.

But that's just IMO and only IF I loved it and could afford it.

I wasn't sure what that was so I googled it and watched this vid of a 2000 with 75k for $14900 ...and that was 3 years ago.  2000 Dodge Pleasure Way Lexor -MP Class B Only 75K

If that's about what you're looking at, I gotta think his asking price is absurd. From the video tour, I sure wasn't impressed with the overall build quality or appearance, and for that type of money I'd want something well beyond just functional, I'd want something that popped a bit...

Turns out he was serious about the price, waaayyy over my budget, but he wouldn't move. I love that I can come to this forum and seek advice from wiser, more experienced heads. Thank you!

Gonna Jump, that's the value of this forum for sure!
It also shows just how overpriced or in-demand class B's are. Unfortunately that isn't likely to change. Maybe you could find either a very small single rear wheel C class or just do a nice van conversion. Either way, keep us informed and good luck to you. If you need help "bird dogging", just give price ranges and location limits, as well as age restrictions of the unit. Someone likely will help you. Also scroll way down on the home forum page, members will occasionally post their for sale units, "Trading Post".

KathyC said:
Came across this older Class B in Coos Bay, OR.  6500 is looking "cheap" for a B these days...it looks clean...

https://portland.craigslist.org/nco/rvs/6175598549.html

See, a good example of bird dogging, thanks KathyC. If that doesn't help the OP it may benefit someone else. 

At least the 1990 V8's were TBI fuel injected instead of carbed. That unit looked clean, and 121K miles is certainly low.

It would be great if I still lived in OR. Alas, I'm in Tucson now and want something from around here. There's a 2000 Roadtrek 200 W/ a V8 5.7 engine, 130k miles. he's asking 22500, said he'd take 17500. I offered 17000 tops if it checked out and if he had maintenance records. What do yall think? Thank you!

Gonna Jump said:
It would be great if I still lived in OR. Alas, I'm in Tucson now and want something from around here. There's a 2000 Roadtrek 200  W/ a V8 5.7 engine, 130k miles. he's asking 22500, said he'd take 17500. I offered 17000 tops if it checked out and if he had maintenance records. What do yall think? Thank you!

Hard to make any reco without knowing more about it, but given the exorbitant Class B pricing, it's definitely worth checking out!  Good luck!

mizjewels said:
#1 has a salvage title - could be issues... be careful!

#2 is too old for me but there's a couple peoples on here who like the 40 year old stuff.  I wonder about metal fatigue and such... its not like it's "lightweight" for the frame... I had a 52 Buick once, frame broke in half... wasn't rust either, just failed. No telling what the previous owners did with it, was from a ranch and maybe saw a few "airborne" jumps, dunno'

#1 with salvage title - I would steer run away from that one. I found the auction details from Copart Auto Auction last August -- it shows that damage was estimated at $32,000 and that primary damage was "ALL OVER". yikes.