2 modified sine and 1 pure sine have failed

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
regis if i knew, i wouldn't be on this forum. one good thing is that clore automotive (american!) that makes my solar pi20000x 2000w inverter is honoring their warranty and sending me a new one. it worked great for 8 months and then fried. not sure why.

Giuseppe Hardblast said:
When I think about going to a harbor freight my body immediately locks up on me
im not familiar with HF.  why the bad rep?   are they the walmart of the tool industry?

May I ask what it is that you are trying to run?

In my designs I suggest a Xantrex 2000 watt PSW. I am impressed by the way Xantrex backs their products.

https://amzn.to/2NQ3OEF

In my rig I use a Tripp-lite 1250 watt industrial inverter. It is $287. It is a MSW inverter but cleaner than most. It does not have capacitors, it has a transformer and it is a tank. It is made to start motors and will hold 2500 watts for 10 seconds. It will hold 1875 watts for a hour and its 1250 watt rating continuously. I run multiple A/C's, power tools including a drill press, grinder, sawzall, a heavy duty 1/2 drill, even a circular saw that will stall a Honda 2000 generator. It also handles my computer, phones, hotspots, TV and a microwave pulling 1375 watts. It is a beast. It and the 2000 watt version are the only two that carry the industrial rating in Tripp-Lite's line up.

https://amzn.to/301BBgn

The only reason that I do not use it in my designs is that it is not pure sine wave and that's what people want.

ok guys ive ordered a pretty good 2000w pure sine and getting the new 2000w msw warrantied. what size battery bus do i get to connect them to my battery bank? also have a 400w msw inverter.

thx!

I was asking about your inverter draw.

Those buss bars look really small for any heavy loads like an inverter.

a tad outta my budget jim but thx for the recommendations. anyone ever hear of magnum inverters? gotta be the most overpriced on the market.

brahmon said:
a tad outta my budget jim but thx for the recommendations.    anyone ever hear of magnum inverters?  gotta be the most overpriced on the market.

Most of the Magnum inverters that you see are inverter /chargers with transfer switches. Tripp-lite inverter/ chargers with transfer switches are in the same ball park price wise. Like Honda, being the old guard has it's perks Also like Honda, they will eventually have to deal when lessor know companies offer reliable products for less money and make a name for themselves.

Which one did you buy?

I have 2 inverters -

300watt PSW GoPower - has be ON 24x7 four years-
powers Most everything in van - cost $170
works Good -
only time fan comes on is when Inside van is over 95F -

having small inverter does not waste power when Idling
like big one can running low power devices -

1000watt MSW GoPower- use it to run power tools - ice maker etc -
works well -cost $99

Buying unknown cheep gear can put U in Dark -

"Buying unknown cheep gear can put U in Dark -"

he says while buying cheap stuff.   ??‍♂️

i like buying cheap shtt off amazon because there's zero risk and you get to try before ya buy.   if it don't work, full refund and no shipping fees.   what's not to like?

I got a powerbright pure sine 1000w for like 300$ and it been treating me good. Going strong about 4 years now.

they wouldn't ship to me so i bought a kisae 2000 psw. i heard they were good.