RearView/Backup /Dash Cam - Nice

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy2

Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]just installed a Rear View / Backup Camera with screen -[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Its Also a Dash cam records both front and rear cameras -[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]has Full 10 inch color screen- fits onto i[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]nside Rear View Mirror [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]shows Rear view in Real Time No delay -Nice[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]rear cam can stay ON continuously if you want -[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]simple to Install and Much better rear view than stock mirror -[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Easy to view rear on 10 inch screen - Super wide view-[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More than wide enough view -[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]both cams are 1080p - Very Nice[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Has Touch screen to control - works Great -[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can switch view between front and rear cam by [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]swiping touch screen with finger  -[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Picture on Screen is Very Good -[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fits over stock Rear view mirror with rubber type cord -[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Records Both front and rear cam 1080p output to sd card -[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can play back dash cam video ON screen too - NICE --[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rear 1080p cam has 24 ft long cord and I had about 6 ft of[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]cord left after install even after going threw shelves headliner etc -[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Amazing how good quality video is -[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cams/ Screen is Much better than I expected --[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I can not say anything about Durability having just installed cam-[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Glad I got this cam/screen - [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now I can See what is behind me in traffic or while backing up- [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Link to amazon Cam [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cam[/font]

This looks awesome! I really want a backup camera, my van doesn't have windows in the back and I can't see ANYTHING. I like that it records front and back. Let us know if you have any more feedback after using it a few weeks!

did a power test and it dash cam uses 8 watts total (half a amp )
to power both cams + screen On and recording -
about as much power as a bright LED light -

I watch some of my dash cam footage on a laptop and it looks very good
just like this video from these 2 youtube videos -

video 1
and 
video 2

I think I'm going to get this one. Over the weekend I visited my sister - we did a lot of work on the van - and on the way to Lowe's, I backed into the neighbor's mailbox! Had to buy them a new mailbox. Anyone else have any backup camera recommendations???

can I ask, using as a rear view monitor, can you adjust the zoom on the lens?  the cheap one i bought and want to return the images are way farther back on the screen then they are in reality and I looked in settings to see tried a few changes but nothing happened.  So looking for a better one

My backup camera has a wide field of view kinda like the mirror on the passenger side that has the warning "objects may be closer than they appear". There is the same effect with the rearview camera. I have mine wired into my parking lights so I can turn it on anytime I want. I just take into account that the little car behind me is closer than it looks.

You are looking for a camera with a narrower field of view.

I bought my wireless back up cam for $29/shipped on ebay. Works great. Sits or velcro's to the dash, has a solar panel built in & will charge your phone if you wish. Uses NO van power & no wiring.

it could be software and a good touch screen like a smart phone can.  Know anyone selling one like this?

Can't recommend one as I have never done that. A USB webcam can be plugged into a phone. Not sure about zoom though. It would just take a long USB cable and a way to power the phone too.

Just a thought if you have an old smartphone laying around. Put it in the back window and have it plugged into power. Then use the casting feature to send it to the front where you have a casting receiver. You could zoom the phone camera to whatever level you wanted.

I came across this   interesting

Mod edit, the above link is for a 12 minute video about a review for a wireless backup cam

yeah I am thinking of ordering the stuff and trying it.  I have an older windows tablet I will try to pair it up, and my droid phone.

I have kept a couple of older android phones that I connect to my hotspot and use google maps with and take pictures with. Also use them as security cameras when in town and I am away from the van. It would be easy to repurpose one for this too.

been using this Backup cam/screen for 3 ish weeks
Cam/screen is Great- Better than I expected -

I have been looking for cam/screen like this for a long time -
Totally worth having - I can SEE again - Great -

Makes backing up Easy

Cam is well thought out design -
Should fit onto Any stock rear view mirror -
uses stretchy band to hold screen in place -
works good on my mirror - no shakey - Easy

So far I have been able to See screen Day/night
I did leave the screen cover in place - anti glare ish -

U can set and forget -
Rear view Always if U want -
that is how mine is set -
takes 5 seconds to start up - See - quick

UI - User Interface - is simple and Super Easy to use -
Touch Screen is Very Good - Swipe up/down- left right - Easy-
has one of the better touch screens i have used

Field of view rear cam is WIDE - can see 3 lanes Both sides of van -
cam covers Much of blind spots on both side -
its like having windows - Nice

I mounted Rear Cam at roof height - above doors -
its pretty good location -

I can See WAY Better than with Any mirror -

One Mail box - One wreck - One anything - Cam is cheaper - Safer -
Seriously -

I had been looking at cams/systems for a long time and just picked
this cam because Scotty recommended it in his video -
So far a Good Choice -

I have had cam/screen for almost a month - it has worked Great

this is Also a Dash Cam - So U also have Recordings - Front And Rear -
Recordings Look Very Good -
stores on micro memory card -$14 -

these videos can be Very Useful / Important -
Simple - Video shows --> what happened -
Nice -

(Cam can also be setup to Always record)

I mounted rear cam up high and install took a hour ish -
my van easy ish to run wires - One wire from rear cam -
rear cam wire has connector plug @ 2ft
pretty much - plug and play - Simple

use good Magnets / Tape will hold rear cam in place -
cam is Light weight - Tiny -

power draw is Very Low - 8 watts - total

Im More than Happy -

I'm going to get it! In a few weeks when I have some extra money. It's been on my amazon wishlist since you first posted about it Groovy2. The price dropped once, but went back up... maybe it will drop again, would be nice, but either way I will buy it after I sell my little car and have some cash.

Im sure U will like cam -

also No need to hook up small (red?) wire
that is on camera end of wire to backup lights
unless U want to -

View on screen will stay on what was last used -
U can change view by just swiping on screen
left or right - nice

Get a class 10 memory card - Important -
32 gig is a good size about $15

these backup cams are on sale now for $99

I got a second one to use at night so I
can See what is going on outside around van