Youtube on the current status of WalMart's overnight parking policies

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AreWeLostYet

Reaction score
[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]12:41[/font]
[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAH2o6ieWGI[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAH2o6ieWGI[/font]

[color=var(--yt-endpoint_-_color)][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][color=var(--yt-primary-text-color)]Is WALMART RV PARKING Over? Why are Walmarts turning away...[/color][/font][/color]

I know it's true I saw it on Youtube. that's the first place I go to get legal info. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
I know it's true I saw it on Youtube.  that's the first place I go to get legal info.  highdesertranger

Unless you limit your involvement in cheaprvliving to this forum and don't follow the hundreds (thousands?) of it's founder on youtube, which is full of legal advice relating to nomadic living, rvs, public lands and "stealth parking" in places like parking lots.

I watch youtube all the time. all I am saying is don't believe everything thing you hear on there. there are 2 sides to every story. you rarely get both sides on youtube. you have posted 4 or 5 of these doomsday videos today none of them show both sides to the story. highdesertranger

(yawn)

What exactly is the bug that OP seems to have up his ass about vandwelling, from all his posts...?

lenny flank said:
(yawn)

What exactly is the bug that OP seems to have up his ass about vandwelling, from all his posts...?

Dunno about the bug, but there is also parking on the side street nearby to a big box commercial area where you will also find truckers parking to wait overnight, still easy walking distance to the store.    ~crofter

highdesertranger said:
I watch youtube all the time.  all I am saying is don't believe everything thing you hear on there.  there are 2 sides to every story.  you rarely get both sides on youtube.  you have posted 4 or 5 of these doomsday videos today none of them show both sides to the story.  highdesertranger

I've stayed in WalMart lots a time or two. And the reason I posted this link is that I agree 100% with it and wanted to share it with other cheap nomads.

tx2sturgis said:
Clickbait...the video AND this thread.

Next.

And what isn't "clickbait".  Bob's said he makes decent money off his videos and I'm more than fine with that. He obviously works hard to produce a fine product many benefit from. I'd say the same about this lady's youtube.

I posted to her comments section, a few days ago, that she got it MOSTLY right.

One thing she seemed to gripe about was other overnighters (calling them jackwagons) running a genset all night, which she thought was rude.

Pardon me?

Sorry to break the news but running a reasonably quiet generator all night is fine on a WMT lot. If she doesnt like it, then she should either move 100 feet, or go pay a campground to sleep where they have 'quiet hours'.

A commercial lot is not supposed to be quiet. Trucks in and out all night, some idling or running an APU, customers vehicles, lot maintenance equipment, shopping carts being moved around by noisy cart-pushers, and yes, RVers running generators (powering A/C or heat) so they can sleep comfortably in the heat or the cold, and maybe run a fridge and a C-PAP.

If someone thinks that is rude, they really need to get a grip on reality. That commercial lot is NOT your personal quiet space.

Sounds like fair points, tx2sturgis.

Especially the c-pap thing. I never even thought of that.