YouTube downloads

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badmotorscooter

Reaction score
Ever since YouTube blocked YouTube downloader and similar programs/apps you must stream music directly from the internet when listening to something you don't already have downloaded.  I have thousands of downloaded songs but that is just a drop in the bucket and I can't add any music onto my mp3 player or micro SD card for my car.

I just now learned you can paste the URL of the video/audio in VLC player and play it while recording at the same time.

There are plenty of sites that explain the process, though many include extra steps that are unnecessary.  Slight learning curve, but easy to do.  Now I can continue expanding my music library to enjoy while not having to be connected to the internet to listen.

Another option to download YouTube stuff, if you have Windows -a free program called “4K YouTube to MP3” for audio
Also “4K Video Downloader”
Both from same company. Free version seems to work well
You copy the YT URL/link and paste the link in the program and it downloads.
None of that taking you to a different page and wanting you to download other programs