You might not want to get that Delica or Pinzgauer after all

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bureaucrats looking for something to regulate to death.

They start with older foreign vehicles, a small group, then widen the net.

Someday it will be all vehicles that owners can work on, and aren't connected to the network.

Subaru is on their list also, made in Oregon or at least the Subaru plants are there.
-crofter

This article says made in Indiana and Japan, and using Japanese steel. There is a Subaru car plant in Portland but apparently not "made" there. I have heard it is a paint plant but never been inside. Long story short though, Subaru is considered by many to be American made. -c
https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shopping-guides/who-makes-subaru

They are looking for employees in Oregon-
https://www.careerarc.com/job-search/subaru-of-america-jobs-in-gresham-or.html

It is a limited group of vehicles involved.
I hope they get all those substandard vehicles off the highways. It is my safety in question. I am in enough danger from the vehicles that are built to modern safety standards.

I know that this thread it’s more about other concerns then environmental emissions. But I want to make this point to prove that not everything new is better than the old.
In Pennsylvania 15 years ago 60% of our electricity was from coal fired plants. Today that’s down to less than 20% replaced by natural gas. Natural gas burns cleaner than coal but still emits carbon dioxide As it is a nonrenewable fossil fuel. To exasperate the problem there are a great deal of methane leaking from the extraction of natural gas. This is not to mention the major environmental consequences of fracking. Electric cars are not the answer until electricity can be generated cleanly and safely. Those who have their nose in the air thinking their electric car is better than my gas powered car are not facing the facts.

There was a Movie produced called "Planet of the Humans" that looked in ti this.

When they asked the GM executive where the electricity came from to charge the new Chevy electric back up, at first she didn't want to admit it came from a coal fired plant.

I buy real trucks and cars, not repurposed golf carts. 25% of my on road vehicles can boast Collector Tags, antique registration.

I was going to buy a Delica. I was really in love with the Chamonix trim package or the what is it called, Space Van?
They both have lots of windows and that angular boxy look 80's Japanese stuff has. Love that look. Like a Transfomer or Gundam.
But then I couldn't find an automatic. And then I realized I'm a big guy, I'd be struggling to fit me and my stuff in a Delica.
Still, 4x4 and decent gas mileage looks great in hindsight now that I'm stuck with a Ford Transit RWD.

Latest posts