Good Day

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bebewanna

Reaction score
Thought I would say hello.... 

Lived at the same Washington mountain location a decade and moved because land owner lost his job (I sold him the land awhile ago) and had to sell.. At 64, Social Security check does not buy a Seattle area residence.. 

So... New home... With pets 
2002 Dodge Grand caravan Caravan Sport 
1 owner, nice van.

I have a blog page with all I have done to the van to get ready up to when we moved 3 weeks ago.... Nothing Fancy, but it came out OK.

Having been the only full time resident for most of the last 10 years on private land inside the forest, I have no problem finding parking spots.. So far.... We are on a state DNR old logging road dead ends at us.. So far 3 weeks. On Solar. 

October will bring a need to flee south, but I can cross that bridge by then. 

My main thing in get ready was the van needed to still look like Joe Blows family van... The Sport model with spf20 rear windows was perfect for that.. My only give away is the passenger seat reversed.. But MINI in minivan means small and I have a 90lb Pit Bull. 

But going down the road there is no giveaway it's housing residents.. ? 

I make and design leather goods and exotic jewelry so all but 2 of the packed tubs are art supplies and leather Hides. 

Not my first van experience I fell in love with a Dead Head girl lol awhile ago so I spent awhile traveling in a 1969 VW Westphalia Camper. It had its moments, luckily I am a good mechanic. Hopefully the Caravan is less trouble. A few leaks need sorted but otherwise it's a solid vehicle. 

I like the van.. Over 20mpg.. 24 on highway at 60mph... Good Stereo 

I have a private server so I operate my own sites. You can see my Van blog and how I set everything up @ a secure site. 
I will be adding soon more about how it's gone after the first 30 days. A few things I would do diffetently, you live and learn. 

I am not the group hug type ?. I pretty much keep to myself but nice to meet everyone. 

If you go... enjoy the page 
https://mybohemianblog.tk

Tim

2021-04-21-11.59.29-941x530.jpg

2021-04-15-15.56.57-941x530.jpg

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.