yes another "is this a good deal" post. - toyota 'escaper'?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doesn't look bad, but there is definite sag in the azz
the only way that thing will pass a semi in the mountains is going downhill, though. While the 22R is a very fine motor, it's going to be pretty under-powered for moving that mass around
Make sure it has the upgraded 1 ton full floater axle or you'll be replacing axles regularly
as far as the 'home ' part of it, listen to others here, who have more knowledge than me

i like the toyotas
if i was going for one it would be a stick and a sunrader with the fiberglass shell

the one posted looks good but that rear sag needs to be inspected,looks like the springs have giving up

As Art says, make sure that the axle is the upgraded full floater. They are world renowned for breaking the original axle. And... I also concur that it'll be an under-powered beast, which may be ok for Florida... NOT so ok in the Rockes or Sierras. The 22R is a bullet-proof engine that, with regular routine maintenance will last almost forever.

That is a wood frame with tin on the outside, a little fiberglass insulation on the inside, and a thin wood-product panel on the inside. Seams are it's worst enemy. If it looks like it's had a leak anywhere inside, you may be looking at an extensive restoration process that involves dismantling most of the interior. If it is sound inside and you decide to buy it, make sure that you IMMEDIATELY... do not pass go, do not collect $200... dig out all of the old sealant on every roof seam and re-seal all of the roof seams with Dicor or something similar.

They're cool little mohos... they're just not without their foibles.