Wow

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spaceman Spiff said:
There can't be two of these,
August, 2018, Forest Lake, MN

Did you take the pic?   And did you take a closer look at that beast?

I'll bet it's fun in the wind...NOT!
That truck looks like a dually to me...maybe that camper doesn't weigh as much as we all think it must.

If it is truly diamond plate Aluminum, that stuff is heavier than it looks, and with the square footage on the inside, I imagine they have a good amount of weight..

safety certain was not first in thought thats for sure..

On the positive side think of the living space in there and he is on the road going places in comfort.It’s not all bad, although it does look awkward.

The fact that this vehicle has been repeatedly seen on the road is perhaps an indication that it is fully road legal because it would be reasonable to assume that police do pull it over assuming it to be un-roadworthy and/or over weight for the base vehicle's maximum limit!

The driver would have needed to establish beyond doubt that this was indeed roadworthy and within its weight capacity for the base vehicle in order to be allowed to continue on his way!

That's my take on it.

That truck is at the least a Ford F450 and possibly an F550 (which has a GVW of 19,500 lbs. My 2004 F350 dually had a GVW 0f 11,000 lbs and had a payload capacity of 4500 lbs. Bill C

I didn't think I needed a whole new thread for seen on the road.. sorry to include this here.. but it's definitely a WOW!

A few more pics.

Attachments

• 6zy9chmgu6b71.jpg
    6zy9chmgu6b71.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 10
Ohhh that’s the best looking one I’ve seen! I saw one in AZ but it was pretty ratty.

They selling it?

^^^You can still get the plans on line and build one!

I’ve often enjoyed seeing pictures of them. I saw one in a junkyard and the interior is not fit for a fat man like me.