Woodstock 2019

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XERTYX

Reaction score
I read online that the 50th annual woodstock will be held in august of this year in Syracuse NY. Who's going? Seems a good opportunity to reach out to others about alternative means of living. Also music is good for the spirit.

Interesting. Thanks.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Whoops. Yeah I meant anniversary.  My bad. Je faire un faux pas.

Yeah I read that there is no official line up yet but eminem is supposed to be there. I forget who else. Santana is reportedly going as well. So I think it might be a mix of music. Unfortunately our culture has become such as we cant have a good time without some tweaker causing a scene and an outbreak of violence. I would like to go as I missed the original due to still being an ova at the time.

stg011019dAPR20190110044505.jpg
:p

*BUMP* 

Update.
20190507_221059.jpg

SNEAKY FKERS.

They are running a script on their site that prevents copy and paste. Not a good look hippies. 

If you're interested you'll Google the page if you wanna see more. I'd planned to post a link to the official event page but that pissed me off that they were running a program to disrupt my browsing experience when I was trying to attract the positive interest of peaople who might come. And so for that I wont give them the satisfaction of getting a hyperlink to their OWN FREAKING WEBSITE. 
< / SOAPBOX >

I'm going. That's all there is to it. Who's in?

Attachments

• 20190507_221059.jpg
    20190507_221059.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 10
the other day I read somewhere that Woodstock 2019 was canceled. highdesertranger

Oh that's unfortunate. Well I just took this screenshot today.

XERTYX said:
Whoops. Yeah I meant anniversary.  My bad. Je faire un faux pas.

Yeah I read that there is no official line up yet but eminem is supposed to be there. I forget who else. Santana is reportedly going as well. So I think it might be a mix of music. Unfortunately our culture has become such as we cant have a good time without some tweaker causing a scene and an outbreak of violence. I would like to go as I missed the original due to still being an ova at the time.

flying kurbmaster said:
J’ai fais un faux pas

C'est la guerre. 

I'm better with reading French than I am thinking in it.

How stimulating. Someone read my words and understood it given the mistakes I made. You brought a smile to my face friend.

I took spanish, 2 years of French (received an academic award for GPA), and a year of Latin in high school. I'm good with languages but conjugating verbs puzzle me so. Out loud anyway. If I re read and fact check I can do fairly well at times.

This may seem off topic yet HARK.... it realates to art. For is not manner of speech an artform? I am a very cunning linguist.

Dang. I misspoke once more. I fact checked myself. I know the transliteration is it is war. But I thought the meaning was such is war.

IE: C'est la vie.

Plus ça change plus ce la meme chose. N'est pas?

The 1960s are not coming back.
East Coast Burning Man or a Coachella?
No one protests the wars aka humanitarian interventions.

Not protesting because there is no draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current status is the announcement that Woodstock 2019 was cancelled came from the investors and was a surprise to the promoters. Officially the event is still on assuming they can find money elsewhere. If it does get cancelled the Bethel Woods event might be made larger to pick up the slack. Who knows.

Not too long ago I read an article about two events, one was a retro with groups from the first and the second was going to be with new music.
Could be just speculation, it's May already & August is not that far off.

As of today, there is still no contract with this event actually happening.

We can always make our own gathering nearby...it will be no Woodstock but it'll be fun nonetheless.....

I just searched on "Woodstock 50" and "How the golden anniversary festival went off track" was used at a couple of place.... Oh well...