WOMEN ONLY! SUV tent

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a minivan and use a hatch tent and secure with magnets to seal nicely and also use a screen tent for more area. Potty-I use a bedpan with a portable bidet and a funnel into a big mouth aluminum bottle for urine. I don't set all this stuff up unless I am in a 14 day boondocking site.

I have a Habitent for my Honda FIT. I only use it if I am far away from people, or in a campsite, I never use it in an urban area. I haven't tried to close the hatch with it on, I have used painters masking tape to seal any gaps for bugs. I'm in the North East so no grizzly bears but plenty of black bear, racoons etc but I've never been bothered. People are the problem, not animals. In campgrounds people are curious about the habitent so that's a pain.

I got a potty like this (for half the price) at a Hunting Outfitters. Depending on the length of the trip I use different plastic bags, for if it's 1&2 or just 2.

I just bought one of those... until now, I went suv camping by adding a screen curtain to the trunk hatch and a small popup toilet/shower tent... but I did not like having to get down from the hatch onto who-knows-what kind of ground (one time it was literally the sharp stones they put down under paved roads!) and go visibly to the toilet tent. I am not squeamish about other people, I am scared of bears and such. But what I did was just close the trunk when I was ready to really go to sleep. I could do this because I had my windows 1/4 down with screens.