Women Only: Safety on the road - sexual assault

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cammalu said:
Oh crap Charlotte.  We seem to have a  lot in common. I was assaulted in Hawaii once as well. I got away too and he did manage to go to jail.

While we both "got away" as you put it, I view the event differently. 

I was  *not*  assaulted in Hawaii.  I avoided assault by fighting back with no delay.  My assailant suffered
a  *well placed kick*  where it hurts most.  My assailant went to jail for life---for the rape & murder of a young woman just three months after his attempt on me.

bigsallysmom said:
"I'm disappointed in: the assaulter who did it, the victim who didn't report it, and the build host who didn't kick him out of the area."

The world will never be a safe place for women until all the "good men" demand it!  It is time for men to step outside the "thin blue line" & police their own.   A good man's silence can be deadly for women.  Yes, Jamie was wrong not to toss the offender out on his ear---but so was every other man in the group.  This has got to change.  Now.

confused.gif
Charlotte

I understand that the guy is named Jake and is in one of Jamie's latest video filmed just before they left for the build. After he apologized to the women he is again running freely all around the build. I'm not there but was told that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cammilu, perhaps I wasn’t clear. I agree we (man or woman) SHOULD be able to leave a door or even a window open. Unfortunately, I don’t believe we live in that world anymore. It’s not that it’s an invitation. The horrible humans hat roam this earth arent looking for invitations They’re looking for openings.

Jeez. I hope it’s not the Jake that I know. I thought he was a really nice human being.

Cyndi that was Bigsallysmom not me that said that about being able to leave a window open

Need to edit my comment, auto correct -- "An upstanding man wouldn't enable another."

Mod's note: Edited post to read as corrected.

[quote="Charlotte']

While we both "got away" as you put it, I view the event differently. 

I was  *not*  assaulted in Hawaii.  I avoided assault by fighting back with no delay.  My assailant suffered
a  *well placed kick*  where it hurts most.  My assailant went to jail for life---for the rape & murder of a young woman just three months after his attempt on me.
[/quote]

Charlotte I believe you said he dragged you out of the car. That's assault by any definition. You managed to give him a great kick (Yay) and run. That's "getting away".

He went to jail.

I don't quite get your meaning I guess.

cyndi said:
Jeez. I hope it’s not the Jake that I know. I thought he was a really nice human being.

Mod note: Information and link removed to avoid misidentification.

Kathleen: "I don't think they would have supported her actions. And in a "non violent" rape (don't get upset now, I'm talking about the difference between a sloppy drunken idiot and someone who has slashing, stabbing, torturing, and killing on his mind) would you kill the aggressor and feel killing the rapist was justified?"

It doesn't matter what any other person thinks, it's what YOU think. If you think it's okay to get raped by a drunk, even though you said, "NO", that's your decision. NO is complete sentence. You don't have to explain, or justify or feel sorry for a person with violence on their mind.

Justacarsofar, are you at the build party? Are you sure the Jake in the video is the same guy?

If it is, then it is the Jake I know. I'm just shocked, mad and sad. For those who had to deal with this tool and for the community.

I'm reserving myself to point out "who" the guy is...but I know one thing, this guy needs to be outed and not in a hearsay manner.

My hackles are raised and god forbid.

I'm wondering what Bob is thinking and the RTR. The community was built on trust and leadership.

There was at least one incident at an rtr. Police came and hauled them off. Good on whoever took care of that!

For me, even if the victim had said the perp's name in a video, I would never use his or her name in a post or put a link to a video showing their face. Unfortunately, doing so makes it more difficult to inform women (and men) of "people to be watchful of". I'd hope the community could discourage those people to go away and not come back.

CautionToTheWind said:
I'm wondering what Bob is thinking and the RTR. The community was built on trust and leadership.

Are you talking about what happened at the build?  Bob and the RTR has nothing to do with the build.

JustACarSoFar said:
Mod note: Information and link removed to avoid misidentification.

Misidentification? Huh?

Yeah - i wondered whether someone could be prosecuted for slander/libel for posting a video showing the "possible" offender without due process of law ??

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Latest posts