Women Only: Pre-WRTR plans?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is everyone doing for New Years? I was thinking about going to Vegas. Park in a P&R and bus in.

Also, I've been trying to find an answer, but for those of us van camping without a toilet, what do we do at the RTR? Normally I would look for a place with a pit toilet, or dig a hole. But with this many people and lack of privacy, what goes down at the RTR? Sorry, I'm a bit new to van camping.

There are portapottys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The portapotties are meant for emergency use only, they aren't meant to be a substitute for having your own toilet facilities. 

If nothing else, outfit your vehicle with a bucket double layered with garbage bags and some kitty litter. You might also want to add either a wide mouth container if female or an empty laundry soap bottle if a guy for when you just want to pee. You  might also want to pack a 5 gallon pail with a tight fitting lid for holding the used baggies until you can dispose of them.

Almost There said:
The portapotties are meant for emergency use only, they aren't meant to be a substitute for having your own toilet facilities. 

My sisters and I went camp tenting at a park with all facilities. But for nighttime, we bought a funnel at the dollar store and took an empty detergent bottle to insert the funnel. Worked perfectly. The funnel has such good coverage that we had no problem peeing. We had Lysol wipes to clean the funnel after each use. That's my plan for my pop-up at the RTR plus a 5 gallon pail with kitty litter.

Hi 
i will also be traveling from Panama City, Florida to WRT. Would love some companionship on the journey. Planning to leave after Christmas. I am open for boondocking or campgrounds. 
I have a 23 foot travel trailer with solar.

LivGolden said:
Hi, Ladies

No need to spend the Holidays alone. I believe Christmas will be held in Ehrenberg. I plan to be there and then on to WRTR and on to RTR. My cell is 225-55-5857. I'm excited but call if you feel hesitant. I don't mind...:)

Liv

Hey Liv- I was planning to use my PTO for the RTR but we are so short staffed right now I can only take off the actual Christmas break days.  I am coming from Idaho and have the 21st till Jan 7.  I would love to come meet up before the actual WRTR and at least catch a day or two.  I have a 1970 pick up  ( 70K original miles) and topper and will be coming with two dogs. I am 60 looking at 2 years to retire but depending on health might pull the plug sooner if I love it.  I also have an Airstream I am leaving home but the goal at retirement will be to locate the travel trailer in the Southwest ( or Puerto Penasco) and drive the truck north back to Idaho during the summer to keep in tough with the kids.  I do need to make a Mexico drug run for prescription meds and new glasses- got my passport all ready and will have "papers" for the dogs.

Hi Hollis87, I will be leaving Central Oregon on Dec 27, hoping to make Stocton or at least So. of Sacto first night, the roads will be the deciding factor. I'm 65 yrs. young, have my lab/dane Jema and my 12 y.o. grandson joining me for my month in Arizona at WRTR and RTR and beyond. Hope to meet you along the way :)

Hollis87 said:
Sooooo.. I’m adding an addition to my original post. 

I’m tired of waiting to go, I need to be out there... I have to attend a conference in NOLA in mid October, when I’m back from that I’m free to roam for a while. 

So, I was planning on attending Jamie’s Van Build in November, more to meet others as I really don’t need much done on my rig. (Was gonna get shelving installed) But now with the news of the Caravans beginning, I’m leaning toward joining up with the one beginning late October by the Salton Sea in SoCal. It’s cool to have options! 

I also think it’d be fun to watch the 1st ever giant nomadic caravans of the USA begin. I mean the entertainment factor is going to be awesome. I just wanna roll out my awning, pull out my chair and watch it all unfold. There is nothing better than a desert sunset, a cold drink, a bunch of chairs in a circle with people listening to others share their stories and get to know each other. 

After a few weeks out there I need to head back to the Bay Area to tie up some loose ends and be with my grandson for the holiday over Thanksgiving and then I’ll head out again for the WRTR & RTR, possibly sticking to my pre-plans of Colorado River BLM spot, or maybe joining back up with a caravan or even doing Christmas in Ehrenberg with seasoned nomads like Liv. 

Waking up this morning to Bob’s Caravan video was awesome. 
I’m attaching a pic of my lil’ rig and my big dog. 
If you see me out there, stop by and say hello!
✌? 
Hollis

Just had to say   Beautiful GSD!  I have had 3 in my life up to now and intend on acquiring a dog friend once I get settled in this life.

Hey ladies, ill be heading to wrtr. Coming back from Mexico soon, 12/29? crossing Nogales. Will take I 10? Maybe 8 west. Not sure.
Been solo in Mexico for weeks, could use company.

Where did u go in Mexico?

I’m traveling too. Stopped in the Wallyworld in Gallup, NM right now.

I think I will go to the cleanup in Ehrenberg first for a couple of days. Then out to spend the winter in La Posa South.