Women's Only - couple question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SukhaSeeker

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm new and aside from an introduction, this is my first actual post :)

I'm planning a van build - I have a one year plan and I'm super excited about the whole thing.  My girlfriend?  Not so much - but she is trying to be supportive and we have kind of a sketched out plan about living together part time which I think will work for all of us.

In watching some van build videos I see that there are LGTBQ+++ couples that van dwell together but I wonder about general acceptance in real world nomding.  Just on our own, it's likely no different than camping?  I'm guessing?  but I'm wondering about getting together with caravans and communities that travel together occasionally - is that something that you have to be any more careful about than you would be careful anywhere else?

As I'm writing this, seems like a bit of a dumb question (I'm not a big question asker) but I'm just wondering if anyone has some words of wisdom or experience about living this lifestyle as a member of the rainbow community. (we are also members of the over 60 community)

Thanks in advance :)

Please visit the "Newcomers Corner" and introduce yourself.  Thank you.

I have met many, many gay couples on the road. I haven’t heard of any problems at all but that’s not to say it never happens.

In Quartzsite, AZ there is a large rally every year in La Posa South LTVA.

Just a couple washes over from my camp this last winter was a liberal group that wanted to be very careful with masking and taking safety measures. There was a lesbian couple in that group that seemed to have a great time and it was their first trip out.

I spent quite a bit of time with that couple running around in the desert in my side by side. If you would like I can sure ask them for info and possibly even put you in touch with them. They are super nice gals and tons of fun.

Welcome to the group. I’m in Kentucky for the summer and you’d be welcome to stop and camp at my place.

Beware of this forum. While it's titled Women Only, it really isn't. Men have full access to reading the posts, and they do. They also can make comments, some of which can be quite nasty.

Just a heads up.

Cammalu said:
I have met many, many gay couples on the road. I haven’t heard of any problems at all but that’s not to say it never happens.

In Quartzsite, AZ there is a large rally every year in La Posa South LTVA.

Just a couple washes over from my camp this last winter was a liberal group that wanted to be very careful with masking and taking safety measures. There was a lesbian couple in that group that seemed to have a great time and it was their first trip out.

I spent quite a bit of time with that couple running around in the desert in my side by side. If you would like I can sure ask them for info and possibly even put you in touch with them. They are super nice gals and tons of fun.

Welcome to the group. I’m in Kentucky for the summer and you’d be welcome to stop and camp at my place.
Thank you... I appreciate the answer and maybe when I have an actual van home (still in the planning stages) I will take you up on both of your offers :)

BelgianPup said:
Beware of this forum.  While it's titled Women Only, it really isn't.  Men have full access to reading the posts, and they do.  They also can make comments, some of which can be quite nasty.

Just a heads up.
Thanks, I did read that in the instructions and will keep that in mind - I only really posted in the women's only group because I know sometimes gay guys have a different experience than gay women - otherwise I don't really care who reads it.   But thanks for the heads up on the nasty potential!

SukhaSeeker said:
Thanks, I did read that in the instructions and will keep that in mind - I only really posted in the women's only group because I know sometimes gay guys have a different experience than gay women - otherwise I don't really care who reads it.   But thanks for the heads up on the nasty potential!

If you do  get a nasty remark, public or private - don't respond to it. PM a mod, there is zero tolerance here for that kind of behavior.

I’ve been on this forum for - well I guess forever. I’ve never, ever seen a man post anything nasty in here. The very few times I’ve seen any post in here it was an accident and he didn’t know he was on the woman’s forum. (I use tapatalk and don’t know what forum I’m in half the time either)

The last time the man bashing started on here we had a thread close down.

A man did complain - on another thread but not in the women’s room - about the man bashing that was going on in here. His thread was deleted.

Yes men can see this thread but unless you are attacking them there won’t be any nasty comments elsewhere.

Just play nice so we don’t get closed down please.

BelgianPup said:
Beware of this forum.  While it's titled Women Only, it really isn't.  Men have full access to reading the posts, and they do.  They also can make comments, some of which can be quite nasty.

Just a heads up.

Why are people allowed to make nasty comments on this site?

ninjabookitty - people are not allowed to make nasty comments on this site. Sometimes there are misunderstandings and the exchanges between posters get a bit heated but if you see any nasty comments please report them by clicking on the Report button at the bottom of the post.

The peculiar thing about this "Women's Only" is that even if all the women agree on the subject, it will still be closed if the men don't like it, because Political Correctness Is All.

IOW, some men can be AHs, but if women complain about them being AHs, the men still rule the women's forum.

BelgianPup said:
The peculiar thing about this "Women's Only" is that even if all the women agree on the subject, it will still be closed if the men don't like it, because Political Correctness Is All.

IOW, some men can be AHs, but if women complain about them being AHs, the men still rule the women's forum.

It must be really hard to go through life with such a limited and negative outlook. I feel for you and hope life deals you a better hand

Belgium pup that’s simply not true. There was never any problems here until the problem with bashing all men started. Imagine if on the other side if a man started bashing all women. That would certainly get shut down too.

If you read any of the welcome posts it says right there that your posts must make others feel good and welcomed. That’s been the name of the game here on this forum since about 2013 or something like that - whenever it was started.

It’s important that we don’t create problems and make others feel bad about themselves. It has nothing to do with what men want at all. All the moderators aren’t men and it isn’t about that.

I agree with Cammalu.

Who would want to be part of a forum like this one if bashing of any group were encouraged, condoned and allowed?

That would drive many off right quick, in my opinion.

BelgianPup said:

Well that's saying a lot isn't it - not really so much different than the way things are in the outside world.  However, it's not all the fault of the men, they were just raised that way by people that were raised that way by people that were raised that way.  I hope other mothers are raising their sons and daughters to start a new way - I'm pretty sure I did, only time will tell.  Thanks for all the info ladies :)

BelgianPup said:

All I can say is that your experiences on this forum are quite a bit different than mine.

Hello, my wife and I are just about to start with our practice minivan, with luck it comes this weekend. We're just behind you in the over 50s community, living in the midwest.  I don't know if you're on FB but there is a number of groups on FB. If you want a little more direction to them, send me a PM and I can get you a link.