Women Only: Need a blessing or advice

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been living on the road full time for almost two years. First in a pop-up and suv, then a class c, now a class A. I’m a young pregnant woman with a young toddler. We are very at peace with our traveling lifestyle. The past few months however have been very trying. Spending the summer in Nevada and Oregon, our steering tires cracked from the heat. I’ve been trying to earn/save money to replace them for a little over two months now. At first, we were being quoted almost $800 for the two tires. I finally found a place that said they would replace them for $350, but two weeks ago my partner abandoned us, taking our savings and my music equipment (which is how I survive). So now I’m stranded needing new tires. I’m wondering If anyone could help us or had any advice or even just some kind words. I’m trying to not have an anxiety attack. I’m in a small town which is why it’s been so difficult to earn money.

Hi TF, so sorry to hear of your challenges. First I'd like to offer a virtual Gentle Hug. It's hard enough to be left in the lurch on one's own, let alone when you have little ones to care for.

Is your MH your only means of transportation? Sounds like it's unsafe to drive.

What's your official state of residence? You should be eligible for lots of services.

What's your most pressing need at this time? Do you have food, diapers?

Do you have a Plan B for temporary, like staying with a friend? Do you need a bus ticket so you can get somewhere to carry out your Plan B? Do you have someone who can babysit while you work?

I've been stranded a few times myself. I know how lonely that can feel. I bless you that your needs should be met in the most pure and sacred way. Peace to your heart.

The Dire Wolfess

Thank you for the well needed virtual hugand support! I luckily am stocked up with diapers and have a cloth diaper supply also. I’m also set on food and have food stamps at the moment. I don’t have any friends in the area. The few I have in this country are too north for me to survive winter. I am hoping to get tires soon so I can get to some larger cities and busk for money. I’m disabled so most jobs wouldn’t be work for me. I’ve been successful selling my music and art and talents, it’s just been a rough couple months. I depended on my partner for a lot of our finances. I don’t have a plan b yet. My plan b was to sell my amp for tires. That’s when I found it had been stolen by my now ex.

Sending another virtual hug your way. My heart hurts for you. Somehow this will work out, just keep the faith for a little longer. One day at a time. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Lots of virtual support and a suggestion. Have you considered opening up a go fund me request. Unfortunately I haven't any money.  I haven't had a paycheck since June but their are lots of good people here who may be able to help.

All RVs go somewhere to die. You might see if there’s any RV Salvage places nearby you can possibly source parts from.

LoupGarou said:
All RVs go somewhere to die. You might see if there’s any RV Salvage places nearby you can possibly source parts from.
Super Good idea.  In fact many wrecking yards may have tires on wheels that they will sell for extremely cheap particularly if they know your situation.  That you are in a small town may be a GodSend, as in many small towns people are still willing to reach out and help people passing through.  I pray your ex gets a guilty conscience and RETURNS your stuff.

Thought I would let you know that I'm thinking if you. I'm so sorry that you are in this situation. Are you okay today?

Thank you all for your posts!  That’s brilliant to check out junkyards for tires. I’ll remember that for the future. I actually tried my luck sign flying for a couple hour this weekend and ended up meeting a blessing of a soul. They literally took me to the tire shop and bought me new tires! I’m feeling so grateful and it happened so quickly!  Now, I need to decide my route to the women’s rtr and some dispersed camping along the way. Trying to chase the 70-degree weather for as long as possible. Have a blessed day everyone!  Keep faith whenever life seems to throw you a challenge.