WIRING UP 200W DC/AC/12V/TO 700W PUR SINE WAVE INVERTER TO 40AMP INVERTER-ALL RENOGY

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
[font=Roboto, Noto, sans-serif]For those of us who are barely learning these things showing or giving an examples of what to connect to the inverter and/or fuse box you skip showing what/which types of appliances (the appliances that go to the fuse box, do you cut the power plug on the appliance and plug/wire the female/male end to the blue wire that goes to the fuse box?) and which appliances go to the inverter, anything thats 12V? so what's the purpose of connecting appliances to fuse box, are they also 12v? What are DC appliances and AC appliances and how/what/which are  connected to the Inverter and what/how connects to fuse box? I just got in the mail 2 100watt Monocrystaline panels, a pure sine wave 700W inverter, and the 40amp controller MMPT, all from Renogy and want to start wiring it up. You also show a different wiring method in another video which i don't remember seeing the circuit breaker (unless I'm wrong, will try to find that other video you made and view/compare wiring/both). I also another video by someone else saying to use marine grade battery cables but on your video your saying simply cover em up with good electrical tape. Whats the difference in marine and standard cable? Also, Home Depot has copper battery cables by the foot and why not use those, cut them to length and right gage and cover em up with electrical tape? Here is the video I watched for ref: 

After working with Big Box Building Supply wire and cable, I am very much happier with custom made cables from here; http://www.genuinedealz.com/custom-cables

I am now the proud owner of a Ftz battery lug crimper, and can make my own cables. Using wire from GenuineDealz.

The inverter takes 12 volts (V) direct current (dc) from the battery and changes it to 120 volt (V) alternating current (ac). Things that plug into a wall outlet use 120V ac. Those devices operate from the inverter outlet. 12V dc stuff operate from the 12V dc fuse panel. My 12V dc fridge came with a cigarette lighter type plug. I cut that off, crimped wire ends, and fastened to the fuse panel. Being careful to get the right polarity.

What blue wire?

Weight said:
After working with Big Box Building Supply wire and cable, I am very much happier with custom made cables from here; http://www.genuinedealz.com/custom-cables

I am now the proud owner of a Ftz battery lug crimper, and can make my own cables. Using wire from GenuineDealz.

The inverter takes 12 volts (V) direct current (dc) from the battery and changes it to 120 volt (V) alternating current (ac). Things that plug into a wall outlet use 120V ac. Those devices operate from the inverter outlet. 12V dc stuff operate from the 12V dc fuse panel. My 12V dc fridge came with a cigarette lighter type plug. I cut that off, crimped wire ends, and fastened to the fuse panel. Being careful to get the right polarity.

What blue wire?

Hey that was a really cool link, THANKS! I might have to wait a little bit if I order from them but I'll call and ask how long it takes to ship some cables to San Diego. Marine sounds best for me since I"m also moving to Hawaii sometime this year.

inverter converts 12v dc to 12v ac. microwave, hairblower, electric drill are AC u plug these into inverter.
fuse block - hooked to battery so its 12v DC. this is for small items like charging a phone (using dc charger) small 12v dc car fan, 12v dc blanket.
heat shrink tubing is way better than tape but tape better than nothing.

wire and fuse size very important this must be correct size. do not forget cut off switches. i use midnite solar circuit breakers for all but fuse block.
crimpers to make cables are pretty cheap u can make your own cables. u will have to know terminal Lug sizes.

marine grade battery cables - higher qaulity of standers. like my whole solar system every item is UL approved.

youtube video was good on the basics but left out alot. ive seen some real fire hazards on youtube :)