Pure sine wave Inverter/Charger 12V to 220V

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr33dom

Reaction score
Good day to all.

Do your have inverter/charger recommendation that convert 12V input from my 400 watts solar panel to 220 volt which is pure sine wave, i’m planning to use 2 100AH 12V BattleBorn battery.

I’m living in Manila, Philippines where voltage is 220V.

Also, is there any restriction in shipping Battleborn battery outside US territory?

I think you are confusing different hardware components. an inverter/charger has nothing to do with solar.

so yes they make inverter/charger to convert 12v to 220v but the charger part comes when you plug it in to 220v and it charges your 12v battery.

a solar controller is the actual component that will charge your batter from solar.

BTW I like to separate the components. I have a separate solar controller, inverter, battery charger. that way if you have a problem with one it doesn't affect the other two and they are usually cheaper if you need to replace a failed component.

highdesertranger

Thanks for making things clear.

I am going to install MPPT controller which is EPEVER tracer BN 40 amp. Four 100 watts solar panel and two 100 AH Battleborn battery.

However I cannot find inverter (12 volts to 220 volts) from Amazon seller.

From Jamies (Enigmatic Nomadic) video who installed shore power comes my idea about charger. Please educate me further. Im following Will Prowse 400 watt set up with modification.

So you are looking for a 12 volt direct current (DC) charger for the batteries that is powered by 220 alternating current (AC)and a 12 volt DC inverter that produces 220 AC. Since most of us in the USA use 110 volt AC we do not see much if any 220 AC components being sold here. 220 volt ac 60 hertz is a very efficient form of electrical power but is used only in a few countries. I would look locally for a solution as I would assume many electrical items are probably imported and adapted.

I found several on eBay, you didn't mention if you needed 50 or 60 hz.

fr33dom said:
Good day to all.

Do your have inverter/charger recommendation that convert 12V input from my 400 watts solar panel to 220 volt which is pure sine wave, i’m planning to use 2 100AH 12V BattleBorn battery.

I’m living in Manila, Philippines where voltage is 220V.

Also, is there any restriction in shipping Battleborn battery outside US territory?

For your second question, which I don't believe anybody answered... Large lithium batteries are not allowed on airplanes (large being anything over about 10 amp hours). So if the company is willing to ship it, it will go by truck and then by boat, which will take several weeks.

bullfrog said:
So you are looking for a 12 volt direct current (DC) charger for the batteries that is powered by 220 alternating current (AC)and a 12 volt DC inverter that produces 220 AC. Since most of us in the USA use 110 volt AC we do not see much if any 220 AC components being sold here. 220 volt ac 60 hertz is a very efficient form of electrical power but is used only in a few countries. I would look locally for a solution as I would assume many electrical items are probably imported and adapted.

Exactly.  I want my system able to charge my coach battery from shore power (AC) especially during rainy days.

Freelander said:
I found several on eBay, you didn't mention if you needed 50 or 60 hz.

Sorry I dont have any idea about 50 or 60 hz.

bullfrog said:
I believe in the Philippines it is 60 hz.

Great info but still hz is totally alien to me.  My knowledge is limited only to 220 volts appliances used at home.

barleyguy said:
For your second question, which I don't believe anybody answered... Large lithium batteries are not allowed on airplanes (large being anything over about 10 amp hours). So if the company is willing to ship it, it will go by truck and then by boat, which will take several weeks.

Lucky you all guys because you all have the best solar components the best in the market.

Most stuff available here are made from China which (with all due respect to Chinese) is not best for the bucks.  Average cost here of 100 watts Chinese solar panel is around 80 to 100 USD however the quality is no match to Renogy.

Base on my little research Battleborn is one of the best, honestly its cost is an arms and legs to me but still I need it because I dont want you to see my van burning in YouTube.  From Will Prowse advice I want to invest in good solar power components.  I can live without a dometic fridge or even portapoti toilet and all other luxuries available in the US market but not without good solar electricity.

Amazon sellers, most of them, does not want to deliver here in my country so I asked my friend who is living in US to accept Amazon delivery and then will ship to me here.  He dont have any idea about shipping battery.

look on a power tag on an appliance it should say how many hertz your country is. it should say like 220v 50hertz something along those lines. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
look on a power tag on an appliance it should say how many hertz your country is.  it should say like 220v 50hertz something along those lines.  highdesertranger

Great.  My home ref sticker said it is 220v and 60 hz.  Thank you highdesertranger.