All in one solar PM1500van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

townline

Reaction score
I am looking at controller charger inverter units. I will have 400 to 600 watts solar and start with 200 amps battery.
Still on the fence about 12v vs 24v. Will have some kind of aircon vented to outside. I spend about half my time Boondocking and half in camp with electric hookup. The bed area will be curtained to reduce space needed for aircon needs. Possibly Wave 2 aircon.
Any advice would be appreciated.

I am looking at controller charger inverter units. I will have 400 to 600 watts solar and start with 200 amps battery.
Still on the fence about 12v vs 24v. Will have some kind of aircon vented to outside. I spend about half my time Boondocking and half in camp with electric hookup. The bed area will be curtained to reduce space needed for aircon needs. Possibly Wave 2 aircon.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Wish I could help, but I know nothing about electrical stuff. Have you checked out Will Prowse's website or youtube channel?

Re 12v V 24v... if you plan to have more than 600+- watts of solar, than 24 could be better. If more than 1000 48 could be better...

Are you talking All-In-One units? AIOs area a decent choice... I tried hard to find serious reports of issues with them, and found precious few that were not over the top, screaming and/or bad grammar that left little confidence in the reviewer.

I have a Sigineer M3048NC. It is a 48v inverter/controller that will handle up to 4500 watts of solar and 3000w inverter load.

good luck

Re 12v V 24v... if you plan to have more than 600+- watts of solar, than 24 could be better. If more than 1000 48 could be better...

Are you talking All-In-One units? AIOs area a decent choice... I tried hard to find serious reports of issues with them, and found precious few that were not over the top, screaming and/or bad grammar that left little confidence in the reviewer.

I have a Sigineer M3048NC. It is a 48v inverter/controller that will handle up to 4500 watts of solar and 3000w inverter load.

good luck
I am leaning towards 24V.Most portable AC units are 24v and my chest fridge can run 24V. Seems like the technology is going that way recently even for the smaller systems.Will use a converter regulator for the 12V stuff.

24v is the standard in Australia. They are very much into off road, Van life etc. using Australia as a keyword in your information search would increase the number of examples of 24v volt setups you can learn learn from.