Window question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratman150

Reaction score
I've been looking around on stuff on craigslist on my free time and I came across this unique design. It appears as if they recycled the stock blanking plate but I can't tell. Does anybody know anything about this or could point me in the right direction to get more information? 
The second image is the same van but the panel closed.

Also I do apologize if this should be somewhere else.

Attachments

• holy window cover thingy.jpg
    holy window cover thingy.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 18
  • same van.jpg
    same van.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 10
slow2day said:
Haven't seen that before. Pretty slick.

That's my thinking exactly, I kept looking for something like it online but kept coming to dead ends. I love the idea of having an awning/concealed window if I choose, plus I bet it would rock in the rain if you needed some extra air flow.

The "express access" option has been around a while. From the looks of my searching the net, 2007.
I've seen a few and thought neato, but then thought how would you insulate the sides and still have access to the shelving from both inside and outside.??

Cool factory option, maybe not for a full-time vanner though.?
img_1353184460_457157217_6-2007-Chevrolet-2500-Express-Cargo-Delivery-Van-Outside-Access-Package-Food-Truck-United-States_r.jpg

gargoyle said:
The "express access" option has been around a while. From the looks of my searching the net, 2007.
I've seen a few and thought neato, but then thought how would you insulate the sides and still have access to the shelving from both inside and outside.??

Cool factory option, maybe not for a full-time vanner though.?
img_1353184460_457157217_6-2007-Chevrolet-2500-Express-Cargo-Delivery-Van-Outside-Access-Package-Food-Truck-United-States_r.jpg

Actually now that you mention that, I do remember being told about that option in the past. Maybe not the best for full time but for part time it would have been cool. Oh well

It kinda looks like those stepvans they use for fried taco wagons with about 4 vents flaired up on the roof while they cruise in the city: except a sporty mini-version. Those deep fried vats get heavy and hot. I admired one of those trucks, but the ladies did not speak English so I could not even ask what kind of truck it was  :(
And since I'm too old to eat fried food (and know better), they did not waste any time on me.

Definitely a cool truck though!

iu