Whynter question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanC

Reaction score
The instructions on the Whynter say if using 110 , to use it only plugged directly into the wall and not use an extension cord. Why is that?

Makes little sense for something supposed to draw only about 60 watts.

I'd not use a dollar store extension cord, but I'd have no fear using something real on it.

SternWake said:
Makes little sense for something supposed to draw only about 60 watts.

I'd not use a dollar store extension cord, but I'd have no fear using something real on it.

Thanks - once in a while I have electrical access. I could save my batteries when I'm in a shady area.

If you read the fine print on various appliances or their packaging/instructions, most all of them have the same warning.

My little electrical heater does, so does the hot plate I bought for when I have 120. Heck I think my immersion blender has the same warning.

Betcha it's so we don't trip over the cords.... :rolleyes:

It's kind of the same way that all plastic packaging that isn't rigid has a 'may cause suffocation, keep out of hands of children'.

BTW, I had mine plugged in to a power bar strip then in to an outdoor extension cord all last summer. It didn't hurt the freezer and I didn't trip overit once.... :angel: