Shore Power for Dummies

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm let everyone else handle your actual question.

Just wanted to say congrats on your new trailer! We'll need pictures and details ASAP lol. Make a new thread and show it off. :)

I was so excited and happy about it until the guy delivered it last night. Well, first I picked up my truck from the shop.

It was there for a month for minor stuff. The owner of the shop broke something and ... I'm dreading talking with him about it, because he expected me to pay for what he broke. It's surreal. Got in my truck and found that I no longer had an odometer, no speedometer, no dome lights and a new light showed up on my steering column... an overdrive light. Crazy!

He knows what is wrong, but has to send the console to a specialty shop for repair. Six more days without my truck and a $500 repair. Just paid $800 in repairs last night.

I guess he wants me to pay because he said there was a check engine light... so he traced it. Then everything went out. Some odometer module. Starts with a "P". I wrote it down.

The worst part is that now the truck lurches forward constantly when shifting. He said that module converts analog to digital and it can no longer do that... so it lurches... HARD. So I gotta get that fixed ASAP.

Then the trailer... Sometimes I think I am too old for hauling a trailer... mostly watching him unhook it kinda shook me. If I don't blow up the trailer with a heater, I'll for sure smash my hands or feet hooking/unhooking the trailer. Plus, it could roll away (I'm ordering chocks to replace the 2x4 pieces). And those electric plugs are scary. Especially the 50 amp ones. I'm kinda scared of electricity. And gas. And noises outside my camper at night:D

The whole thing is intimidating. Oh, and the manual is maybe 2 inches thick. I'll get reading.