Why do we live in vans?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamperVan Cory

Reaction score
Hey everyone i made a new video today for my youtube channel on the topic of Why I Live In A Van? My reasons are Freedom, Travel, Cheap, And it fits my lifestyle. Ive never been big into big houses and shiny cars id rather live rent free and spend my money on travel and adventure in my van....But thats me.. Id love to hear why YOU choose to live in your vans? What are your reasons and why did you choose it?

Link to my video - 

Attachments

• camm.jpg
    camm.jpg
    183.9 KB
I chose to live in my van because I wanted to get out of debt as soon as I possibly can. That was my main reason but now that I've gotten used to doing so, I eventually plan to travel and see more of the USA. I still work full time and once I get pretty much debt-free, I plan on only working when I want to. I'm 59 and I do plan on taking early retirement if possible. 

VanGrrl57

This is my explanation, including retirement in 8 yrs. I'll be 50 then. If I buy a SB home at 42, I may never live long enough to pay it off. If it Gods will for me to see 80+, then I'll still be broke from maintaining a constant money pit, and property taxes.

Bob is living my vision. Owning a small offgrid property to van dwell in peace. He can leave the property for months at a time and not worry about a house break-in.

REVELATIONS 8

Because that damn station wagon was too small.... :D

Plus it helps having a bucket for those "Oh no time to look" moments....

But the main reason is $$$ I make very little per hour (Easy work though) and just think it's INSANE
to spend 1/3 of your paycheck for a damn room and then throw in utilities and then worry if you have
enough for food, gas and insurance.

If I pay $500 a month for my van, then in 1 year (Or less) I OWN that van and then that $500 can go
into a savings account (or investment) and I can focus on other things....Which I'll let you all know
about in time....

Exactly! Even if you bought a new van at $650 a month, it will be yours in 5 yrs. Paid for, debt free and free to travel the planet, or just chill in a redwood forrest. [emoji41]

REVELATIONS 8

Campervan Cory doesn't really care why you live in your van. He's just dropping the link to his videos to drive traffic to his channel. He's doing it all over fb.

He's posted 2 times, both time just dropped the link and never came back to respond.

He posts on Reddit/ van dwellers also. I agree.

cyndi said:
Campervan Cory doesn't really care why you live in your van. He's just dropping the link to his videos to drive traffic to his channel. He's doing it all over fb.

He's posted 2 times, both time just dropped the link and never came back to respond.

Then shouldn't he be banned for this or is this an exception?

Wanderer, there's no rule against linking your videos. We ask that you don't drop links without an explanation/description and that your videos aren't some sort of advertisement for a product your selling.

Latest posts