Where is everyone ??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in my home in Southern New Mexico and yes, the weather is nice a warm during the day and mid thirties at night.<br>Bri<br><br>

<P><FONT size=3>I'm at my un-home in the NW corner of AZ.&nbsp; Warm, if the winds not too bad, in the day.&nbsp; Mid 30's at night.</FONT></P>

I'm in south central TX prepping the trailer so I can start this new life.

<P>In Kentucky making plans for my start at the RV life still looking for my Travel Trailer....Got a lot of plans though when all is set up....It is 50 here in Ky but...wont last to long going back down to the 20's and 30's but, spring is around the corner!!</P>

Still in Alabama.&nbsp; Hoping to change that in the next few weeks.&nbsp; Any sugestions on where to go with gas prices where they are?<br>

I am in Maryland for now. Still working on my poject. It is a little cold at night but nice during the day.

Still south of Fresno. But not enough. Just discovered my '96 Ford conversion has a 5.7 (351). Bought generator, inverter, roof vents. Do I dare think "trailer"? Mo money. Mo money. Mo money! Nice weather for now, though.<br>jb<br>

<FONT size=3 face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">at home in south central OHIO where it's gray, damp &amp; cold. researching jumping cholla and rattlesnakes of the SW this evening.&nbsp; it's Q or bust jan of 2012 being informed is key to success.</FONT><br><FONT size=3 face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT size=3 face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">have been cutting reflectix to fit windows of the Chevy Express. our first step in the conversion process.&nbsp; Planning early spring visit to a northern OH campground as trial run.&nbsp; </FONT><br>

i'm home in soCal, 6K feet so there's snow on the ground, cold in the shade and at night. just getting the wood stove going. today was the first day in about a week that i didn't add wood.<br><br>butterfly, when you go to AZ make the side trip into Joshua Tree National Park. it's a short drive north of I10 just east of Indio. on you're way into the park from that direction, there's a whole exibit (sp) area with almost nothing but jumping cholla, and just before you come to those there's an area with mostly ocatillo (sp) cactus. those are awesome when in bloom.<br><br>the jumping cholla are bad ass, they'll easily go through a leather boot. <br><br>

Central MN, planning to leave on tuesday for SoCal. Was a whooping 30 degrees here today!!!!<br>

<P><FONT size=3>Joshua Tree NP sounds interesting.&nbsp; Hope we don't arrive at Q w/ a&nbsp; painful jumping cholla story to share.&nbsp; Saw some youtube video that was funny but only because it wasn't me.</FONT></P>

I'm still in Quartzsite untill the 1st and then it's back to Pahrump, NV my home base. Storm blew threw here last week bringing a fair amount of rain and lots of wind. Very nice now but still cool at night.&nbsp; Let me tell you a terrible Cholla story. One of the very nice people here at the RTR brought there dog. His first night here he got a big cholla ball caught in his paw so he did what instinct allways tells him to do, he tried to bite it off!! He had needels all over his paw, mouth, tongue, gums and nose. It was horrible. His people-mom held him while we worked methodically to pull them all out. That of course got them stuck everywhere in her too!&nbsp; But we got them all out and by the next day it was like it never happened. Dogs are so reselient! Bob <br>

&nbsp;We're in Florida which we usually avoid because of all of the snowbirds , lack of boondocking and high prices for everything but we're managed to find some less expensive , uncrowded public campgrounds and even some good parking lots to sleep for free.&nbsp; We came expecting to stay for a month and have been here almost three. It's hard to leave 70-80 degree weather when the rest of the country is freezing!<br>

<P><b>Here in dreary damp no sun for weeks Dayton Ohio. At least my ailing well is recharged with water.&nbsp; Still getting ready to go on the road come fall. Tombstone to celebrate New Years Eve, great place I know in the Dragoons to boondock, at least it was 4 years ago when I was last there, then Quartzite to sell art and books, then to leasurely go to Sopchoppy Fl for the worm gruntin' fest 1st Sat in April.&nbsp; Unless gas is 5.00 a gallon.</b></P>

<P>I'm in western WA state at the foothills of the Cascades in about a half foot of snow at the moment.&nbsp; We're in the middle of a cold spurt ... suppose to get into the teens tonight.&nbsp; I'm trying to get motivated to get rid of more stuff as we will be trying to sell our house this spring.&nbsp; Suanne</P>

I'm pretty much stuck in LA until I get rid of this thing called a house and all the things in it.&nbsp; Weather is cold and dreary, rain predicted for the weekend.<br>

On the Beautiful Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. &nbsp;Still working on making my Van run, but getting closer to launch by the day! &nbsp;Still freezing here, in the same cold spell as Suanne.<div><br></div><div>Hammer</div>

<FONT size=3>Ottawa, Ontario at home base. Will be on the road May 1st with my friends.</FONT><BR><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<BR>