What's for dinner?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arroz

Una Tostaquac con lechuga, queso blanco rajada, y Pollo Asado

Un Chile relleno con carne molida

Y un taco "greengo" (that's French... err Spanish dont you know? JDub where u at dog?)

Number 27 combo. Eating out este noche.

Yum

I just made a mango lassi (from scratch)

& frozen clam linguine from TJ’s

Oh lassi come home! That looks GOOD.

I've never eaten clams. I dont think I'd like them. The amount of seafood that I like you could fit into the world's smallest cookbook.

Haha...I don’t eat seafood that often... but I like it....I love Mexican food ....

When my iron is low I crave smoked oysters, and liver cheese of all things. Normally I wont eat either.

Wow .. never heard of liver cheese so I had to Google.... sounds similar to liver wurst... I haven’t had that probably in 30 years... haha

I eat smoked oysters about once a year...around Thanksgiving... and I also put oysters in my DRESSING .... it’s a Cajun thing....

Yeah my brother said over and over they're the same thing. And my iron was low and i couldn't find liver cheese.

They're not. They are the same flavor but the texture is different. I have to have it 2 slices deep on white bread with mayonnaise. Lots of it. Dukes to be exact.

I absolutely hate it, but if my iron is low it's like the spinach and I'm popeye.

Why don’t you just take a supplement?
Or multi vitamin ?

I’m always taking something... I just ordered spirulina...
A few weeks ago I bought some ginseng... but it gave me a stomach ache so I quit...

I eat healthy... but sometimes I don’t..ha..
But I’m always taking some kind of supplement...

Supplements are great if they work for you. For my money I'd rather have a biological source. I drink 32 fl oz of V-8 juice about once a week. If I have the $$$. More often if I have even more.

I'm cheating this is a very late brunch: bottom of the bag doritos omlette.

About a half cup bottom of the bag crushed doritos & spice bits, about a third cup milk or water & creamer, 2 eggs. Beat all together with fork, place in oiled slow pan. Flips easily to cook the top.

So good, when cooked slow the doritos sink making a spicy crust. Served with iced coffee and tall glass of raspberry electrolyte.
-crofter

Fish soup:

Boned Fish in chunks, cup hominy, fresh cream or broth. Simmer together till the fish is done. Top with sauerkraut garnish, or more than a garnish.

If the fish has a strong flavor you will not need additional spice. For mild fish add from dill, parsley, lemongrass, garlic, chives. Serve with crusty garlic bread and beer.
-crofter

I was going to make pasta salad this morning for meals the next couple days because it's.so.hot. but ended up in the walk in clinic with a UTI instead. By the time I got out all I wanted to do was come home and take keflex. lol So I made a box of Kraft mac & cheese, which I haven't had in forever. Son keeps a stock of a few boxes on hand.

Tomorrow I'll make enough pasta salad for 2-3 days and then I think I'll make that shrimp salad for the weekend when the temps really ramp up.

Antipasto pasta salad = rotini, dry salami, shredded parmesan, minced red and green peppers, red onion, shredded carrots, black olives and sun dried tomatoes and Bernstein's Cheese and Garlic Italian dressing. Occasionally I'll put some provelone cheese in but it's really too hot for something so rich.

wanderiingsoul said:
Tomorrow I'll make enough pasta salad for 2-3 days and then I think I'll make that shrimp salad for the weekend when the temps really ramp up.
Anti pasta salad sound great ..maybe a big pitcher of cranberry juice punch and lots of water. 
What I always have when I feel one of those @#$# things coming on.

vanbrat said:
What I always have when I feel one of those @#$# things coming on.

I have these often if not all the time due to a certain physical issue I won't go into on this thread. lol  I've tried cranberry juice, cranberry pills, cranberry capsules, cranberry extract.  No bueno.  Glad I went in this morning because this afternoon I can feel it had moved into my right kidney, a little.

Mannose powder for irritation, 1 teaspoon taken in a glass of water. IMHO cranberry products contain excess sugar which only makes things worse.
-crofter

Coming to the end of the pasta salad, which was wonderful, and son says he's not ready for shrimp salad again so soon. How can you not want shrimp salad? I dunno.

So I'm going to go make a batch of herbed cream cheese. Got some good bagels from the Safeway bakery. Picked up some cottage cheese too. The only way I will eat cottage cheese is scoop some up on a Ritz cracker and sprinkle it with Johnny's Salad Elegance seasoning. I learned it from a co-worker at a potluck back in the late 70s and have loved it ever since.

wanderingsoul said:
  Picked up some cottage cheese too.  The only way I will eat cottage cheese is scoop some up on a Ritz cracker and sprinkle it with Johnny's Salad Elegance seasoning.  I learned it from a co-worker at a potluck back in the late 70s and have loved it ever since.
I like pineapples and spiced pears and canned peaches with cottage cheese spiced pears are a fall thing. Just can't imagine fall without pears. Summer prefer pineapples Peaches are good always!

Made a antipasto salad....with spinach, cherry tomatoes, sweet vidalia onion, hard salami, kalamata olives, basil, basalmic vinegar & olive oil.....