What's for dinner?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mu shu wraps we didn't have a day or two ago because it was just too hot to stir fry.

haha pic is kinda fuzzy I am so hungry and excited to eat I was shaking

Anything in a tortilla is usually pretty darn good and that mu shu looks delicious AND bountiful!!.. I would only be able to manage half that serving with all this heat.

Last night I chopped walnuts and banana and mixed them with strawberry jello for today
Cool, easy and I can eat the whole darn bowl.

I like most anything wrapped in a tortilla, too.  Sad to "discover" that one commercially made flour tortilla has 500 mg of sodium.  I found some sprouted grain pockets that work pretty well for some things, with only 130 mg sodium.  A few nights ago, I sauteed yellow squash, zucchini, red bell pepper, baby bella mushrooms and onion in a little olive oil, stirred in a little pesto and grated parmesan.  Served in a pocket.  Super easy campfire meal and a nice change from fajitas.

Tonight was roasted corn on the cob, quartered and roasted gold potatoes, steamed spinach, and salmon fillets.  Potatoes were done in the CO skillet, then moved to foil while salmon cooked.  Super easy prep and clean-up.  Cajun seasoning packs a lot of flavor, with relatively little sodium.

Shrimp with garlic butter and a large salad. Can you tell I went to the store.

Also fried up a bunch of those sausage rounds for high fat snacks that are soooo good.
-crofter

I wore myself out today, so it was a toss-up between nearly nekid nachos and toast with peanut butter.  Nachos won.

Went to McCalisters and ordered chili. Thumbs down.

crofter said:
Shrimp with garlic butter and a large salad. Can you tell I went to the store.

Also fried up a bunch of those sausage rounds for high fat snacks that are soooo good.
-crofter

That sounds SO GOOD!  There's one menu for this weekend!

Do you mean like the Jimmy Dean sausage pattys?  I love those things!

That is definitely one of the best cooking shows ever. Not pretentious.. the hosts have great energy. And they give some great tips for us everyday cooks.

My personal recipe. Be warned, it's addictive!

E5K57SzWUAAuSuw.jpg

dinner is a full rack of ribs from a local BBQ joint tonight while vacay at the beach...yum

highdesertranger said:
Lefty whatever you posted is not showing up.  Highdesertranger

Really? Doggonit...
Love the community, MyBB software not so much. User friendliness issues, at least for my little pea brain.  :D
It's showing up on my browser. I'll go back and reread a link you once posted on how to post pictures. Been struggling with posting pics. I'll try again after I educate myself some more.

Thanks HD.

Today it Was chicken barbecue that a local Amish family makes every few months here. They own a bakeshop so I had to stop in for molasses cookies in addition to the chicken. There’s enough left over for some tomorrow to.

4C60D595-1963-4937-8DC4-AE541EDD5F9A.jpeg

Greek style Dolmatas with Avgolemono 

We miss you JDub  :heart:

Attachments

• 4C60D595-1963-4937-8DC4-AE541EDD5F9A.jpeg
    4C60D595-1963-4937-8DC4-AE541EDD5F9A.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 2
:D  I was married to a Greek .  Very familiar with the food & culture,  etc   :heart: