What is a good usb electrical shaver?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some direct 12 truck stop models but all of them are clunky.

Get any decent lithium rechargeable model. I like this one, because it has both trimmer options and a foil shaver, and I use both.
https://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Lithium-Ion-Grooming-9854-600/dp/B001GQ3GEY

Then, get a universal DC charging adapter. Use it to match the output voltage of the wall charger that came with your unit.
https://www.amazon.com/Electrix-Universal-Adapter-Regulated-Cigarette/dp/B00K2FGTX0

This way you can charge directly from DC without the efficiency loss of an inverter, and you can get a decent unit instead of one of those finicky truck stop models. That Wahl I linked to, I've had that for.... dang, must be six years at least. For the amount I use it (quick trim ~3 times a week) I charge it maybe 3 times a year! It seems to go forever. Those AA battery models will be finicky too in my opinion.

Wahl makes good stuff !
I've used AA powered shavers for many years , back in the 80s I used ni-cad batts for everything except microphones (Duracell , changed every set)

I use a Philips Norelco Aquatec that I paid $90 for 8 years ago.  It's been used almost daily since.  It has a charger that plugs into 120 but draws very little.  I plug into my 410watt inverter and the fan doesn't even come on.  A charge lasts me a week of shaves and takes about 45 minutes to recharge.  It CANNOT be used while plugged in.  If this one ever dies I hope I can find another as I went through several before this one.
IMG_5426.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5426.JPG
    IMG_5426.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 7
BobBski said:
I use a Philips Norelco Aquatec that I paid $90 for 8 years ago.  It's been used almost daily since.  It has a charger that plugs into 120 but draws very little.  I plug into my 410watt inverter and the fan doesn't even come on.  A charge lasts me a week of shaves and takes about 45 minutes to recharge.  It CANNOT be used while plugged in.  If this one ever dies I hope I can find another as I went through several before this one.

Wonder what can be rewired for 12v.  Check some of the products you like and see the power requirements on its charger or device itself.  Sometimes you can be surprised the voltage you seek is within range.

I prefer Philips products as well.  I have one of their bodygroom products.