For a senior who is slow with electrics

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanvanvanvan123

Reaction score
I have some kind of inexpensive thing I plug into car lighter.

It charges my ( 2 inputs )cellphones
Is there a few hundred dollar “unit” that is
1 more “powerful “
2. Charges without engine running because it holds a sufficient charge !
I need to charge iOS devices - small battery banks - rechargeable batteries ( an Energizer unit that charges 4 AA batteries) and my electric shaver ?

Then how does this hypothetical more expensive charger , itself, get charged with AC ?

I am obviously very “slow” with this topic

Into my second year in a Camry
Happy New Year

if your talking about a power station, you just plug it in the wall. You would have to find a place that has an outlet where you can spend several hours to charge it.
I use to go to the library and spend 3 or 4 hours charging my laptop.
There are many portable power stations available, try and find one that recharges quickly.

Power stations are simply batteries that have several charging options. Some of the newer ones charge more quickly than others but most all charge quicker on AC power.

I use a Jackery 240 (there smallest unit) and it works great for me. I recharge mine using either shore power if it's available or a cigarette lighter port. It takes me about 3 hours to recharge when traveling.

It charges my ( 2 inputs )cellphones
Into my second year in a Camry
Pretty sure most power stations can be charged when driving also (plug into cigarette lighter) as well as AC and solar.

Cellphones have very small batteries and unless your car battery is near dead, you could charge them several times without running the car.