What hobbies do you like to do?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ATTACH=full said:
27799[/ATTACH]Freelander pid='523837' dateline='1612971092']
Pictures???

the 46 I bought as my first car when I was 14 and got me hooked on the classics. The 65 Barracuda Formula S I got 2 years ago from a friend that was going to make her a drag car but has all the trim so I am bringing her back into resto Mod stockish; he already installed a forged 360, shift kit in the 904, suspension and disc brakes so just replacing the bondo with patch panels, painting her Petty blue and redoing the interior.

Attachments

• 65.jpg
    65.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 10
I used to work with a guy that was a Mopar guy, He had a 55 Plymouth with a bored 392 hemi, homemade cross ram intake, and 4 speed.

He also had a 65 Cuda, but it needed a lot of work.

Nice! Mopar dudes can be weird dudes; have to hunt for a lot of parts and until recently not much repo parts...gotta love the hunt lol

You all rock! Can’t wait to meet You all. I really like being around creative people. I’m generalizing here but I think most people end up sitting in front of the tv and not following what they really want to do. Nomadic life makes you live life in my opinion.

I have many hobbies, some that aren't conducive with mobile life but I'm still trying to make work, but I saw the Mopar stuff and that compelled me to share this.

We live in a 1973 Superior on a Dodge chassis powered by a 440-3 with a 727 transmission. It ran fairly well with a Edelbrock 4-barrel but I have a propensity for improving things better left alone.

I've retrofitted it to fuel injection with a GM style Holley Dual barrel throttlebody powered by Speeduino (an open source fuel injection controller project that runs on off-the-shelf microcontrollers).

bench1.jpg
bay1.jpg
test1.jpg
fuel1.jpg
tabtest1.jpg

So far I'm extremely pleased with it, I still need to finalize the wiring harness but tuning has been a breeze. The cold start and idle improvement are wonderful, I'm hoping for a fuel efficiency improvement as well.

I'm also into motorcycles (we have two, a Moto Guzzi and a Kymco), most motor vehicles, 3d printing, mechanical design, electronics, cnc milling... I'm of a "type" as some might say.

Nate

Attachments

• bay1.jpg
    bay1.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 21
  • bench1.jpg
    bench1.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 21
  • fuel1.jpg
    fuel1.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 18
  • tabtest1.jpg
    tabtest1.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 17
  • test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 21
Currently, no.

The compressor turns over by hand and the clutch works but it hasn't been retrofitted from r12 and I don't have the longer belts for it. Considering the dry rotted lines, I doubt there's any refrigerant left in the system. 

I'm still undecided if a rebuild/r-134a conversion is the correct course of action or if going to a completely different compressor like the less power hungry sanden style is a better choice.

Sooner than later summer will be here and I'd sure like to have it sorted out.

Don't toss that compressor if you upgrade to a Sanden. I will buy it from you. Highdesertranger

Will do!

I'm leaning towards rebuilding it if all I need are new lines and a drier, but if it's more in depth a swap to the Sanden could be in the cards.

From what I understand (I've never owned a vehicle with a functional York) is that the York is louder and less efficient but moves more cfm at lower rpm so it potentially cools better at idle and low speeds. Any experience in that regard?

I'm all for a little better mileage but I also like the idea of cooling down this metal box a little faster.

HDR, what would you use it for? I hear they're really great for onboard air.

Outdoorsy gal here... favorite hobby I would definitely be metal detecting. Started 17 years ago and still have “ the fever”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in December in Q area after a few hours of just hearing trash I heard a nice gold sound over a brown rock. I bent down to flip the rock over and realized it had fur... yep huge dead rat. I left it figuring it ate something wrapped in tin foil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gambling drinking and women...How the west was won along with the 7th Cav

My hobby these days is fixing up an old '68 VW bug. I've got a ways to go yet:

DSC07393.JPG

Attachments

• DSC07393.JPG
    DSC07393.JPG
    525.2 KB · Views: 16
Love to Cowboy Cook and anything history, especially of the Old West and mining lore. One of my favorite sites is here: https://superstitionmountaintomkollenborn.blogspot.com/ . It's a compendium of an amateur historian - Tom Kollenborn - who passed in 2018. He was a very long time resident of Apache Junction and the Superstition Mountains. He truly loved the area and spent a lifetime riding it and chasing down clues about the Lost Dutchman Mine (mostly to debunk them).

The library system in Apache Junction has curated his articles from the local paper over many years and has them on line. I find them utterly fascinating and a glimpse into the past of Arizona and the quest for that "lost" mine. What's especially interesting for me is that it's written from the insider's perspective of an individual who had lived there his entire life and actually either knew many of the historical characters of the region or knew the last folks living who did.

https://superstitionmountaintomkollenborn.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

I do enjoy a good D&D game/group like the OP, but I don't think it would work well on the road unless you use something like Roll20...which to me is not the same as sitting around a table with friends.

I would enjoy gold prospecting/mining if I could find a location with decent color.