What hobbies do you like to do?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm hobbies, thats a good one, for me well im a pc nerd when it comes to games too tho  i prefer survival games like minecraft, wurm unlimited, conan exiles, ark, subnautica, stuff like that but i also work online or rather i call it work. it has several names utherverse, redlightcenter, vancouver. if you use that link i will get credit if you join and go vip. people there make money doing deco, clothing, clubs, yes sex, using game money and converting it to cash via third party. it has done me well through the 11 years i been there tho it wont support you alone. now for other hobbies. i do native american indian beadwork, jewelry, pottery, crochette, knitt, macrome, pine needle basket weaving, weaving, tufting, dabble in tatting, and just about every other branch of crafts. i also play instruments guitar, cedar flute, recorder, piano, and i love green pastures where i can forge for food and grow food. if i hunt or fish i can tan my own hides, clean my own fish just dont have me bait a hook with a worm lol dam thing wiggles to much and i poke my finger instead lol hadnt conquered that part yet. i have also raised and bred tropical to brackish water fish and sold them at fleamarkets. i love all sorts of animals big or small yes even snakes and reptiles. spiders i still got to work on i will pet one till it moves then its no more petting lol i get real girlish lol. if i lost everything tho body limited but mind prime i could survive in the wilderness eating off the fat of the land and sheltering myself with what i have around me. i have not had special training in any of this but i have self taught, tried and experienced, made money on quite a few, and done rather well in my 60 years. i think that is a good enough start.[/color][/font][/size]

For the past year I have been returning to modifying my Kia Sportage and going madly off in all directions on 2-10 day trips that always result in a few more changes to the Sportage RV.

This type of trip has been my inspiration for years in a variety of vehicles. As an employed person my trips were usually confined to weekends, and holidays.

For the past 4 years I have mostly been learning to live with the lingering effects of a head injury.

If there's a good side to this, I now have all the time in the word to modify my car and travel, as well as the disability benefits to pay for it. The big limitation is that I work a lot slower than I used to. I can only work a few hours per day and that requires a lot of breaks.

Camping in and from my car requires very little setup. Most times I can pull into a place, set up my folding chair and call it home.

For now my hobby (that is the topic) revolves around the evolution of my current vehicle, my travels and thoughts about future travels and consideration of moving my whole life into a larger vehicle and taking the show on the road. So far I haven't narrowed the choice between a truck and trailer or a single vehicle. There is still lots of time.

I'm finally getting to the point. When I look at pictures and floor plans of RVs and trailers I always start with imagining what I could remove to install the cabinets and drawers with all my LEGO. This has probably been the greatest therapy since my head injury.

MG

I have so many hobbies that I don't know where to start. The primary one is bass fishing, but that has had offshoots at different times, like tournament fishing, running bass fishing tournament groups, and lately, videoing my fishing. That latest off-shoot has also evolved into learning to edit video and make Youtube videos. Devising ways to get more creative with camera mounting for the purpose of taking more interesting "footage" to edit from is almost another hobby in itself.
The other major hobby, which I have yet to get good at, is woodworking. I have a LOT of woodworking tools in a 12x27 shop. Usualy, this would start to be the tie of year when I get into this hobby. That brings up the fact that my hobbies tend to be seasonal.
Hobbies tend to cycle for me...I'll be all obsessed with one, and then I'm not, but sooner or later it will probably come back. These hobbies range from making beer, to making plastic baits for fishing, to writing, reading and painting. Bicycle riding was a huge hobby for me about 6 years ago, and lately I've been feeling the need again...but it's about a month away from getting pretty chilly here in Maine, and I'm going away for the winter anyway, so it won't happen this year.
One hobby that I restarted last spring is road trips... I love taking road trips! In fact, my plan for next summer is to build a really lightweight, pop-top, slide in camper and take a long road trip to the Alamo, and come back to Maine via the south and east coasts. I'm thinking a minimum of two months for that one. It could be longer though... as of next Wednesday I'm retiring again so time should not really be an issue.

Been exploring my hobbies again now that all the kids and wife are gone. I got back into making jewelry and camping again as well as my tinkering i love to do with my Truck. Funny i see so many mention D&D, i haven't played for year's but i did love it. 

Some of my recent attempts at making jewelry again. Still working on my photography hobby. lol

b2hR4H8l.jpg

dNf0XbUl.jpg

o1FcP7Dl.jpg

I metal detect for coins/jewellery/gold nuggets/relics. ..Willy.

Growing plants and fixing stuff.

Today I received a packet of "Matts wild cherry tomato" seeds, can't wait to start some plants going for the winter season.

Also alternative dwellings, as you would find a mini-farmer using. I enjoyed ranching in my younger days & still like to fish though have given up caring for hordes of fuzzy creatures now in my olde age.
-crofter

Yoga and paddle boarding are our top family hobbies. Even our baby tries to do some yoga these days. Looks very and very cute :)

I've already posted to this, but I forgot a hobby that I've been revisiting lately...baking. Since being here in Puerto Rico and having way more idle time than I have ever had, I've been baking up a storm. Pies and muffins mostly. I actually have a blog on my nephew's online magazine.

Metalartist said:
What hobbies do you like the most?
Right now, it's leather work.  I've got a piece cut to make a holster for my other hobby.  I have a Springfield XDS Mod.2 that needs a holster.  I want to do it so much I built a special, collapsible table for my van.  It's relaxing, quiet, and I'm in to all that cowboy stuff.

Electronics !!!
I love designing circuits and the complexity of it.

Repairing failed electronic devices gives me a sense of satisfaction, challenges my mind and pays bills as a bonus.
ebikes have become quite popular and my knowledge and experience mesh well with their use so I have one and riding it and exploring places quietly is also a fun hobby.

RC aircraft also.

Been exploring my hobbies again now that all the kids and wife are gone. I got back into making jewelry and camping again as well as my tinkering i love to do with my Truck. Funny i see so many mention D&D, i haven't played for year's but i did love it.

Some of my recent attempts at making jewelry again. Still working on my photography hobby. lol

b2hR4H8l.jpg

dNf0XbUl.jpg

o1FcP7Dl.jpg
Nice!