What hobbies do you like to do?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalartist

Reaction score
I enjoy gaming such as Dungeons and Dragons and board games.  I’m a real nerd when it comes to computers too as I like building them and playing games with them. I have more hobbies, but I’m very passionate about all forms of gaming.

What hobbies do you like the most?

I used to do a couple of MMOG war games. Those were good times, but they were app games with in-game purchases that despite what the devs said, were necessary to really participate/have fun/do well. I only occasionally play offline games now, since I am often so far out in the boonies that there isnt reliable cell service.

Hobbies come and go. These days I make rag rugs out of thrift store sheets. Sometimes carve wood spirits or other small-ish things. Do wet felting when the mood strikes or when I need new slippers. Do some needle felting now and then. Ferment sourdough and yogurt always and some other things off and on. X and I build some pretty cool sand castles when we find nice sharp sand and plenty of water. I used to like to sew and write, but not anymore.

I have my sewing tent out here and I’m stuck on some curtains. Things just not coming out right. I’ll be glad when they are done and I can start on quilts. I’m several behind now.

I also like to drive along slowly until I find a great rock. Then it’s mine...

I am outdoor only.
kayak, fish, swim, hike, boating, water skiing, bike, ride horses, metal detecting, boogie boarding the waves

I don't do crafty stuff. I have no patience for anything like that :)

well, indoors I do love Candy Crush on my computer LOL Is that even a hobby? :)

I brought some wood carving tools with me. It is something I would like to get better at.

IMO, it seemed fine in chit chat. The hobbies on the road thing seems more of a show and tell than this here sitting around our devices and idly talking about stuff we like to do.

I forgot to list horses. That's a used to thing, too. X and I even took our horses on our honeymoon. Also forgot napping. That's one of my favorite things to do these days.

I've been into so many hobbies, gardening, hydroponics, growing giant pumpkins, writing Linux firewall software, building computers, playing computer games, making youTube videos, collecting and restoring Garden Tractors, restoring a Model A Pickup, and probably a few other things.

I don't do any of that anymore.

Quilting, sewing trash to treasure stuff, gardening (when I'm not pissed off at the D#%* weeds or deer or bunnies or slugs), Hiking really short walks, goofing off with the dog, crocheting, silk embroidery, regular embroidery, making tiny water coloring, just learning felting, dollhouse stuff, I like to play with writing and finding old poetry books, and of course cooking and more cooking and then for the heck of it change up to baking.

I have a fishing kayak, and a 29" mountain bike that I like getting out into nature with. This time of the year is tough for me, but I have been building out my work shop in my pole barn (new walls, electrical, work bench, 2 post lift).

I'm not crafty, but express myself through my mechanical innovations, inventions, and designs.

Ravella and X said:
I forgot to list horses. That's a used to thing, too. X and I even took our horses on our honeymoon. Also forgot napping. That's one of my favorite things to do these days.
Love this :)  I owned horses for near on 35 years and trailering to state park trails and more was just the bomb!  It was my life first and foremost so I loved reading you took yours on your honeymoon!!   I sold my last horse around 5 yrs ago in prep for hitting the road, getting kid into college now and then it is sell the house and barns and pasture etc. and total freedom on the road.  Your post made me smile tho!!

I also second napping as a hobby!!

I like digging holes, LOL. Does that count. Is it a hobby or an obsession? Highdesertranger

HDR it is gold fever I think LOL
I got it with swinging my metal detector.

you dig the holes for your obsession and I swing for the same obsession.

Treasure!

Caballo Loco having been a working ranch has sites with corrals. Some Canadians come down every year and buy horses and work with them for the winter season then sell them before returning. There are several local trails and horse owners. It is fun watching them take out people’s grandkids for their first ride. I believe you can store a horse trailer here for $25 a year if you rent an annual lot which for a boondocking site has gone up this year to $1,000 but don’t take my word for it call them and check first.