What do you guys think?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would probably work if you have a fairly large battery bank, way to charge it, and inverter for the fridge, and always run a generator when using the cooktop.&nbsp; 2kw generator would work if you only use one burner, 3kw for both.<br>

<P><FONT size=3>I think for boondocking, propane is the way to go.&nbsp; It's a wicked set up, though!&nbsp; Someone design a unit like that that runs off propane, shore and battery power and Im all in!&nbsp; Oh! And please replace the fridge with a freezer!</FONT></P>

I like it. Where there is a will, there's a way. If you ripped the guts out of a thermo- electric cooler, you could at least partly convert the fridge.( I found one for $18 at a flea mkt.) Yes gas would be easier, Mabye the habitat for humanity re-store? A lot of large cities ( NYC) had tiny apts, and each one of them had a kitchenette. Another idea is a fridge/microwave combo like Grossmans Bargain outlet ( a seconds/overstock/reconditioned retailer) has every now and then when colleges upgrade or delete them from dorm rooms.( about $199, if I
remember right)
Les