What are YOU listening to??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We bought a farm in Ontonagon County Michigan - Planned on moving up there before we bought this farm. Only place that the county would plow your drive for free after they plowed the roads. I'd call & tell them when I'd be there & the drive was plowed. Sometimes still had to shovel 4' of snow to get to the door. $ min YT & a good watch.

When @rruff said in another thread "it's all in the mind"
It's not all in the mind... just our thoughts and emotions. If somebody drops a 1 ton boulder on my head, I'll be squashed regardless of what I think about it. There is a real world! Things actually happen and things are actually done. The science of material reality is physics.

Now back to the music!

My favorite plane a DC3 or C47 (military) been flying since 1935 & still hauling passengers, cargo, & contraband. The tug shown looks like the 1946 Clark I was given, Twilight Zone!
Kind of reminds me of the upcoming election.
5f4a37cb05317e47b40935cffe6b6338055e38ee1f4ff2ae7c1db6b30e8c6bcb._AC_SX720_FMjpg_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/det...l_3p_sd_tv_play_t1BKAAAAAA0wr0?autoplay=1&t=0
September 21, 1961 25min A plane lands safely, but all its passengers, pilot and crew are missing! Freevee (with ads)

Last edited:
I was 10 in '69 & took my folks to see Easy Rider. Don't think they were impressed. I got into Motocross with a new CanAm 250, a home built bike trailer, '66 Chev van & no support from my dad. Painted Born to be Wild & a mural of a bike jumping into the sunset, Raced class so no trophy just $60 When I won best total of 3 moto's. Redbud's a National track.

I was 10 in '69 & took my folks to see Easy Rider. Don't think they were impressed. I got into Motocross with a new CanAm 250, a home built bike trailer, '66 Chev van & no support from my dad. Painted Born to be Wild & a mural of a bike jumping into the sunset, Raced class so no trophy just $60 When I won best total of 3 moto's. Redbud's a National track.

Love easy rider great movie.That is cool with racing. I always wanted to get a motorcycle but never did.

Love easy rider great movie.That is cool with racing. I always wanted to get a motorcycle but never did.
Had a couple, but sold them because I was a single dad and live in crowded traffic Socal. It was a bummer. But also one of the easiest decisions to make.

Kids first. Everything else is so far second I can't see it in the rear view mirror.

My youngest & I rode thousands of miles when he was about 10. We did 2 Iron Butts (1000 miles min in a day) we did over 1250 ea time, also rode from just above the Indiana line to Thunder Bay, Ontario about 850 great smooth winding road we did 100 mph side by side for 200+ miles.

My youngest & I rode thousands of miles when he was about 10. We did 2 Iron Butts (1000 miles min in a day) we did over 1250 ea time, also rode from just above the Indiana line to Thunder Bay, Ontario about 850 great smooth winding road we did 100 mph side by side for 200+ miles.
What motorcycles were you riding?

Oh, man, does that bring back memories! I'll see your Sylvia's Mother and raise you Roland the Roadie and Gertrude the Groupie

Then I had a Honda Valkyrie, a 6cyl 6 carb 1500cc Hot Rod based on the Gold Wing. I've gone 160 mph with plenty of throttle left. You could stand a nickel on edge on the engine & go from idle to redline as much as you want & it would never fall. I've had Triumphs, Harleys & many more as well as Trials, Motocross & Enduro's. Every kind but a Crotch Rocket. I was into hill climbing for a while.
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/honda/f6c/1996/

Last edited:
Lol!!! Built a 1935 Harley in high school later had 8” extended forks Dennis Hopper style, red, white and blue paint, Captain America helmet, no colors as I was adventurous (stupid) 20,000 highway miles. 1972, 21 years old through the south. Graduated to an early TT racer after having a friend educate me how to really ride and watching him ride the Isle of Man. 20,000 road miles 1978 while in college 60 mile commute one way through the Osarks for a full year. Three near death accidents all other drivers in my lane usually drunk and lost 2 rider friends, pretty much done with motorcycles after starting a family and having a new son.

Then I had a Honda Valkyrie, a 6cyl 6 carb 1500cc Hot Rod based on the Gold Wing. I've gone 160 mph with plenty of throttle left. You could stand a nickel on edge on the engine & go from idle to redline as much as you want & it would never fall. I've had Triumphs, Harleys & many more as well as Trials, Motocross & Enduro's. Every kind but a Crotch Rocket. I was into hill climbing for a while.
Dang that is cool. I always wanted a nice Harley Cruiser. Maybe one day.

@rruf
Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show: Sylvia's Mother
Thanks for the earworm, man --- whether it's the earworm from hell or heaven I can't decide, any more than I could 50(!) years ago.

I think I'm getting a contact high just from listening to them giggle.