Well, Okay

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanvan

Reaction score
I never liked this part of joining a new forum. (This makes something like 20 of them).  It seems like an AA meeting. "Hi, my name is Stan, and I have a(in this case, van) addiction.  And I know it's more of an interest. That's what I keep telling myself.

Mine is a '16 Chevy Express 3500 LT, Extended body. You know, the Church van. Or commuter van. My last one was a '00 Astro cargo van. In this one, I wanted more room and windows.  It's name is Le Moose. My very first van was a '74 Chevy P20 Step Van, a retired Tasty Cake delivery van.  And it was set up for camping. I even honeymooned in it.  Then came kids, work, and ....life.  After 2nd child, Da Wife gave up camping. I took it up again with the Astro, well after the kids grew up (just became a Grampa this past March!).  I bought Le Moose this July, but due to "life"(move for us, and move for Daughter), I had only about two weeks to build a bed in the van for my annual October trip.  Having used it once, I have a few changes, and took it all out for a rebuild, and to move a few more things.  I'll need all the seats in for a road trip in the next two weeks, but after that, it's on.

I was made aware of this forum from a visit of a member here over in the Chevrolet forum.   I belong to 2 other van forums, Astro/Safari (although I don't have the Astro anymore, so I'm not sure I'm allowed there), and Vanning. They seem more in to keeping vans from the 70s alive than dealing with the newer ones.  And as I mentioned, I'm in the van area in the Chevrolet forum.  There are a couple of us there in to building a custom, but mostly people asking mechanical issues and then leaving. I like a bit of "camaraderie" in forums. It seems you have that here, so....

Lastly, I'd say that I'm not a dweller, but more of a camper. But from what I've seen here, that seems okay.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Stanvan! You're right - everyone is welcome here! It doesn't matter what vehicle you have or if you are full time, part time, a weekend camper or just thinking about it.
We do like to see how other people build out their vans so if you have some pictures please post them if possible.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Here you are! Glad your here!

Nice van choice, and I'm glad you actually have one! It has been my experience that some webb posters say things like, my van, if I had one, blah, blah...

I'm thinking you an I will get along just great!

Welcome to our little corner of the webb! Whew who!

Now where are your pictures??? Lol!

Pictures soon. I need to do a new shoot of the van. I just sold my house, and the few I have are in front of the old home, and the wounds of selling are too fresh. And while I rushed a quick bed for a trip, I ripped it all out to make a few changes, so a build thread is in order. You may have seen my original build thread over in the Chevrolet forum.
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/le-moose-86221/

I will continue over there, and start one here as well.