Weeroll Nomad Conversion

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mothercoder

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Glad the forum is back up. 

I picked up my Weeroll about 3 weeks ago, towed her from FL to NV, had her jump off the hitch in MO and now I’m busy with the build. Here are pictures thus far in the journey.  I can’t see how to add multiple photos so they will come one at a time.

Attachments

• 62562A82-01B3-4A8C-A0E6-C571D6B309D3.jpeg
    62562A82-01B3-4A8C-A0E6-C571D6B309D3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • F5BD008E-76E6-41B6-BFD4-CCF903B1BCE9.jpeg
    F5BD008E-76E6-41B6-BFD4-CCF903B1BCE9.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 8AE7BC69-C129-4A22-88FB-F9E886379A7C.jpeg
    8AE7BC69-C129-4A22-88FB-F9E886379A7C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • 9B6EED74-7F88-42EE-99BD-0B01734AC813.jpeg
    9B6EED74-7F88-42EE-99BD-0B01734AC813.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • 541BA5F6-09F9-492E-AC64-289DC845D0D4.jpeg
    541BA5F6-09F9-492E-AC64-289DC845D0D4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • 90E1AD22-3B5A-44BE-BE85-DB317CD2C90F.jpeg
    90E1AD22-3B5A-44BE-BE85-DB317CD2C90F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Very nice! Any idea what caused the jump?

Trying to get used to the new forum. Clearly I figured out how to add more photos.
Queen: Yes, the nut holding the ball to the hitch wasn’t tightened enough. Eventually it worked itself loose and off. On a good bump going over a bridge, the trialer popped off, ball and all. By the time I stopped, the tongue was completely under my truck. No damage other than the jack needs to be replaced. I was lucky.

Holy crap!!! You were very lucky, glad you made it home safe and sound.

THATS why we use safety chains....

Good thing nothing worse happened...other than maybe a change in underwear....

:D

Hey, very nice trailer...I'm glad it's finally happening for you!

[quote pid='381552' dateline='1526401271']
Yep, if it hadn’t been for the chains, I would have been in a world of hurt without them. An angel stopped by and helped  me drive the truck up off of the tongue.  Then he hitched the trailer to his truck and took me into the nearest town where there was a car parts store. There, I bought a new trailer hitch and ball and put those on.   I had an adjustable trailer hitch and there was just too much playing in so I decided to get rid of it.  After that my towing was much smoother.

[/quote]

Queen said:
Holy crap!!!  You were very lucky, glad you made it home safe and sound.

Yes, incredibly lucky. Nice also that when Tom Cafaro (owner of Weeroll) heard about my mishap, he offered to send me a replacement jack.

Curious how they're doing? They used to resell ATG's trailers, but now apparently use a bigger maker in Georgia?

Some reported they were trying to manufacture themselves, but then it seems they were unable to keep that going fast enough?

The thread here got lost in the crash, but my overall impression was their real expertise is the marketing and customer service.

Are they still doing any custom work or only off-the-shelf designs?

John61CT said:
Curious how they're doing? They used to resell ATG's trailers, but now apparently use a bigger maker in Georgia?

Some reported they were trying to manufacture themselves, but then it seems they were unable to keep that going fast enough?

The thread here got lost in the crash, but my overall impression was their real expertise is the marketing and customer service.

Are they still doing any custom work or only off-the-shelf designs?
Once Bob’s video came out their business exploded. The all aluminum ones are being manufactured in FL and he’s doing one model at a time to get his laser templates done. The one like mine (with some steel) is outsourced to GA. He is trying to keep up with orders. Right now it just comes down to whether someone is willing to wait for a superior product. Not many can wait 4-6 months.  Not sure about the customization. I know he wants to accommodate people.

mothercoder said:
[quote pid='381552' dateline='1526401271']
  I had an adjustable trailer hitch and there was just too much playing in so I decided to get rid of it.  After that my towing was much smoother.

Another little item that will help quiet down the hitch is an anti-rattle 'hitch tightener'...its a steel plate and a hefty square shaped U-bolt that takes up all the slack in the receiver hitch. 

anti-rattler.JPG

Attachments

• anti-rattler.JPG
    anti-rattler.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 2
Too bad he wasn't able to get his own fab shop going, take advantage of the fad while it's hot

John61CT said:
Too bad he wasn't able to get his own fab shop going, take advantage of the fad while it's hot

He is!  That’s what he’s doing now. He’s finished the initial fabrication of one model and now working on another.

Ditto these are very helpfull
tx2sturgis said:
Another little item that will help quiet down the hitch is an anti-rattle 'hitch tightener'...its a steel plate and a hefty square shaped U-bolt that takes up all the slack in the receiver hitch. 

as well as a better ball hitch that locks down the latch

Congrats, MotherC!

I hope your build is as enjoyable as mine has been so far.  After a few nights spent in it so far, the wife and I have a nice long list of all the cool little touches I'll be adding to it over the next several...months?  years? Anyway, I don't think it'll ever be "done"

mothercoder said:
He is!  That’s what he’s doing now. He’s finished the initial fabrication of one model and now working on another.
Well then I hope he can get that wait time down, or even get ready-to-sell units out in stock.

Thanks for the pics, keep them coming!
How is Sierra doing? Is she training you well?  :D

Sierra is full of herself and needs constant reminders who is Alpha. A squirt of water in the face does the trick. :)

I plan on posting more pics this weekend. Just a few final touches remain on the inside. Then I have to tackle my solar. Woo doggie, that oughta be fun. I am SO ready to have it done and be on the road.

What a great RV. Your build looks like it is coming along nicely. I looked at those a year and a half ago, but they were in the process of moving and didn’t get back to me. Went with something closer to home. I know you will be loving your new caravan. Happy travels.