We did it!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catalekid

Reaction score
At my age few things make me feel like a kid at Christmas ........ however driving this home today certainly makes me smile. We have been looking for weeks.

2002 Dodge ...... 90,000 actual miles. Kinda dirty on the interior and not quite pristine exterior but the mechanics checked out beyond excellent.

Now to plan and start.

Attachments

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 14
Awesome Catalekid! I'm super excited for you.... I'm still in the saving and shopping stage but will get there sooner than later...keep us posted... where'd you end up getting the van?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Congratulations cattle kid. Now the fun begins are you building yourself or your family someone else do it for you. Glad you got the extra lane I hope you have a good back for bending over with no high top. God bless the nomads specially those build a new van.

Looks like the same photo to me ... it is the photo used in the ad and (I believe) the exact image of our van.

"hope you have a good back for bending over with no high top"

Just get a chair on wheels...measure to make sure you have the necessary headroom while seated. You can cook and use the desk from the chair...don't stand inside; use the chair.

Well duh ...... sorry guys I said 1992 .... the van is a 2002 .... I will correct my first post.

And don't worry, I will definitely post photos. Although you guys will probably be disappointed. This build will be much simpler than our short bus. It will have a non transforming short queen bed platform and a 4' X 4' X 22" cabinet behind the driver's seat that will house a fridge, battery bank, microwave, storage and TV on the side.

There will be no inside toilet, sink or stove top. We seldom used the sink or 3 burner stove top in the short bus.

I’m the same way. Seems like most of those big fancy big budget builds get sold off within a year and cost as much as a house. I like those simple budget common sense builds. Look forward to seeing the progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts