Washer and dryer...for vandwellers.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Wonder Wash. It was great when we were living over 12 miles from the nearest laundry. We picked up an old wringer from a flea market but a bucket mop wringer would probably work just as well and much cheaper (wringers are EXPENSIVE!)

I posted my instructions that I came up with on a website. http://freedomparking.webs.com/handy-diy-projects Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the Wonder Washer instructions. One line = One load. I used the Wonder Washer for a long time and even bought a second one I saw at a thrift store. I sold them both when we moved into the bus. I have a full sized washer and dryer in the bus so I didn't need the Wonder Washer anymore. But it was a good little gizmo while I had it.

DazarGaidin said:
This guy had a good idea for spin cycle/wring water out

basically hang perforated bucket from tree, wind rope and spin away

I would just add, if you could put on of the the line he used to hang the bucket in the chuck of a cordless drill, and secure the other end, he could twist up the line really tight. Then hang the bucket with the twisted line and let go. It will naturally untwist and spin faster than anyone could spin it with just their hands. When it's untwisted, disconnect and use the drill to twist the rope up again in a few seconds.

Latest posts