Wanted to formally say high.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiddlefootn

Reaction score
I have been full time since Feb 2013. I was in a 1991 Subaru wagon, but I aquired a KLR 650 and set out in Oct of the same year still full time. The motorcycle served me well until late Nov 2015. That was when I found a 2000 Dodge 2500 HD van for $500. It needed a few things like all used vehicles, but it was in fine shape except for one thing - it had no reverse. I thought, go for it and I did. I slapped it together well enough to make it to RTR. There I not only learned a lot, but I met some of the nicet people. Thank you all for an enjoyable and informative time. And yes I still have my MC.

lol...that reminds me of my 2nd car, a '74 Cadillac Eldorado that I bought for $500 and it had no reverse. It required one of two things: proper planning when parking, or 2 guys to help push it out backwards when planning failed. Fortunately, it had plenty of interior space to carry a couple friends around for pushing duty :)

Welcome to the CRVL forums fiddlefootn! Glad you made it to the RTR.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

VanDwellerModerator said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums fiddlefootn!  Glad you made it to the RTR.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.  

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you,  I'll do that.

BradKW said:
lol...that reminds me of my 2nd car, a '74 Cadillac Eldorado that I bought for $500 and it had no reverse. It required one of two things: proper planning when parking, or 2 guys to help push it out backwards when planning failed. Fortunately, it had plenty of interior space to carry a couple friends around for pushing duty   :)

It has been a challenge at times. That's a fact. I get a lot of razzing, but it helps break the ice.  :blush:

Welcome, we're glad you're here--and it was great to meet you at the RTR!

If you're willing, I'd love it if you started a thread on how you full-timed on a KLR, that's really amazing to me.
Bob

Hello from up in Oregon!

I'm talking to a guy about trading my '93 Kawasaki Concours, (an extra bike I happen to have), for an '01 KLR.
(I've known several guys who've riden these things to South America...and beyond!!) :cool:

This could work out perfect, as I build my own choppers for road use, but would love to be able to ride all the logging and Forest Service roads out here on the coast range...but that's not gonna happen with my road bikes!!! Now I'll be able to !! :D
This would also work well as a toad for me & the wifey for when we go camping in her TT!

Welcome to the forum, and lets see this van 'o yours!!!

Welcome aboard the CRVL forums fiddlefootin.
Good price for that van , sounds like the PO couldn't deal with the tranny and dumped it . One person's trash is another's treasure.

akrvbob said:
Welcome, we're glad you're here--and it was great to meet you at the RTR!

If you're willing, I'd love it if you started a thread on how you full-timed on a KLR, that's really amazing to me.
Bob

Thank you Bob. I'll place it Miscellaneous Vehicles.

Patrick46. The Concours is wonderful bike as well as the KLR. Of course you know the KLR is a pig on the trail,  :p , but I have seen some amazing things done with it with a good rider. Good Luck. I so love Oregon and its people.

Lj Unlimited, thanks and Brrrrr.

Popeye. There is a twisted story behind the van.

Latest posts