This Bird has found the right Flock! Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbird

Reaction score
Greetings! I’m so excited to find this forum/community that reflects my approach to RVing and life in general. Most RV sites are ......different.....culturally than what i am reading here.

We full-time live in our rig on land we own in Oregon and spend winters boondocking mostly at the Imperial LTVA

Been a minimalist mobile dweller for a long time. Right after high school in 1980 i went on tour with a country band in a Ford Econoline, that lasted almost 3 years! Living out of suitcases and hotel rooms and tents got me started on minimalism. 
Fast forward 20 years and i bought my first old Volvo station wagon and promptly outfitted it with curtains and a bed and a kitchen in a crate. Between the curtains and the counterculture bumperstickers, i met lots of LEOs when i owned that car. NOT stealthy, even in Western Oregon.

Met my partner, formed a different band. Our next rig was a big Dodge conversion van, which served us well for a few years, cross country and back, but it was so rough-looking that again, LEO always wanted to check us out. At this point we saw the wisdom of “mainstream camoflage” and bought a nice-looking recent vintage E150 Cargo van, plain white. Excellent for camping, moving gear and pulling a little vintage trailer we got for free......
In addition to being festival musicians on summer weekends, my partner is a builder/remodeller. He works from April - October here in the Coast Range of Oregon, where we live in our rig on our funky farm (we share the farm with 4-6 other people who care for it while we’re gone). Gravity spring water, composting toilets, free-range chickens, vintage trailers, tiny houses - lots of RAIN!
 November is going to find us once again at Imperial LTVA on the AZ/CA border, our third year. Our rig now is a Chevy Silverado 2500 crew-cab Long bed with a canopy, pulling an inexpensive Springdale 28’ trailer. No slides, no levellers, no TV, no generator, no ATV, no microwave or fake fireplace. No political stickers or flags. 
When not on stage, I’m an introvert; i like to watch birds, sew, read, work online and just stare off into vast sunny cacti-filled space when not composing or recording. My partner is the extrovert & social interface guy. He’s mostly into being my recording engineer and videographer in the winter, but he still likes to putter and modify things on the RV, brings his tools and stuff along. Got to help out some other folks with repairs last year too, that was fun. 

We’re both kind, mechanically minded, light-living, happy people who have fallen in love with the Sonoran desert and boondocking life. Yo hablo poco español, and very much enjoy going over to Algodones, MX as well. 

OK so that’s a lot of blahblah. Put another log on the fire and refill my coffee!

So great to “meet” you! Sounds like a fabulous journey. We are just starting on the journey, my hubby and I, and negotiating what “essential” means. [emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Rainbird to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger