Hello. I'm Debra [split] Greetings!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kydwyn

Reaction score
Hello. I'm Debra. I became interested in RV full-timing back in the 80's when my husband of 45 years and I were raising three kids in Texas. I retired in '09 and we're now in Oregon with our youngest daughter and my brother. We did live in an older 35 foot Holiday Rambler for a year before my brother developed heart problems and came to live with us eight years ago. I've been subscribed to Bob's YouTube, among others, for a for a long time now.

Even though, at this point we may never hit the road again outside of my own head, I love keeping up on the latest full-timing vehicles/equipment/how-tos and it would be nice to have a place to occasionally chat with others interested and/or engaged in the lifestyle. Otherwise I rarely leave the house, sew, embroider, knit, crochet and play PC/Switch games.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Debra!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums  :)

When I got my first Van rig right out of school days to go job hunting,  people who were doing the Nomadic "thing" were few and far between.  My assets were a Rand McNally Campground Atlas, Road Atlas, and a "Campers Bible".  My Boy Scout training came in quite helpful too.  Otherwise, I was an oddity most likely to be lumped in with "Hippies",  Truckers, or older RVer's.  The CB radio & AM/FM were my primary comforts.  As you can imagine this was long ago.

But even if you were in it then or in and out of it on and off thru your lifetime,  it is an ongoing thing  like life it self and you can stay up with it now thru the internet even if you aren't out there.   I've listened to older members complain that today's "kids" think that they invented this but in their defense, they contribute to the ongoing development of it each day along with those who are out there.

I'm sure that there are many "lurkers" here who just read to learn, build their self confidence, and just dream.  But as they become familiar with this it does build a greater community and understanding of those they notice doing this.

In the bottom link below, in the links section, under "Trip Planning at Home or on the Road"  you could literally tour from your computer "virtually" if you wish.

Welcome to the forum Deborah. There are lots of folks here who want to be on the road but can’t be or just like to be friends with no meds. So you are welcome here join in the conversation and keep us posted on how and what you’re doing.