Greetings from Georgia!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, recently did much the same thing. kids are all on their own been divorced 11 yrs, dating is a horror show. sold the house bought an RV and went on the road a few months. right now its parked in Charlotte NC. Im driving semis all over making money. you seem like a good chap, curious about that mens support group, definitely interested.
enjoy your freedom brother!

Clair de Lune said:
I have thought about getting a cat for this adventure. I have always wanted one but have a daughter with asthma so a cat was not an option. Everyone seems to have dogs. Would you be willing to share with me how it goes with your feline friend and what tips and experiences you learn about maintaining your kitty's (and your) sanity and safety on the road? I would really appreciate it.
Hi Clair of the Moon, Traveling with a cat seemed like it was going to be okay. I have a small RV, so the litter box was in the shower. That wasn't very convenient, but it was doable. Unfortunately, my little guy didn't make it. He wasn't feeling well and appeared to be unhappy. He was 15 years old. I decided it might be best to ease his suffering. I took him to the vet, and the vet agreed that he was sick and the road wasn't a place where he would get better. I decided to put him down, and it was sad but necessary. At least I was able to hold him in my arms while he drifted away. My advice would be that if you don't have a pet, don't get one. If you do have a pet, do your best to make their travels with you comfortable. Dogs are probably better road animals overall, but cats can probably work if they are young when they start. Good luck in your travels!

Thanks for the info, Talcon,
I'll certainly consider making a trip out there. It sounds like a fun place. I'm doing the holiday thing in Georgia, waiting on the camp host acceptance if it comes, but also looking forward to a warmer location. Freezing every night over here this week. Best of luck in your travels!

-TravelingHof

I am so very sorry to hear that you lost your feline friend. I'm sure that your companion would have made your new life more familiar and comfortable. I do hope that you have good memories to carry with you as you go!